Below is the resume of Dr. (Prof) K N Krishna. He brings with him rich experience in neurosurgery of over 19 years. Apart from being a teacher, he has been instrumental in setting up the clinical department of neurosurgery in medical colleges in Bangalore. He has been instrumental in setting up the Brain and Spine centre at Wockhardt Hospitals, Bangalore.
Dr. K N Krishna - CURRICULUM VITAE
- Neuro oncology Micro surgery for brain tumors, Pitutary tumors, gliamas, meningiomas and pediatric brain tumors
- Cerebral aneurysm, cranial & spinal AVMS
- Spinal cord tumors & surgery adults and paediatric patients
- Complex spine surgeries from cranio vertebral junction to lumbo sacral region including global (anterior & posterior) decompressions, fusions and internal stabilization procedures for spinal trauma, tumors and infections
- Surgical correction of congenital cranial and spinal dysraphicstatus
- Minimally invasive, microscopic cervical, thoracic and lumbar discectomies
- Degenerative surgeries like microforaminotomies, lysthesis correction and stabilization, lamino plasty etc.
Professional Qualifications & Fellowship:
- 1982: MBBS from University of Mysore
- 1987: MCh in Neurosurgery from Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology (An autonomous institute of National importance), Trivandrum
- 1982-1984: Residency Training in General Surgery & Urology at St.Johns Medical College & Hospital, Bangalore
- 1984-1987: Residency Training in Neurosurgery from Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute,Trivandrum
Academic and scientific Achievements:
- Has presented and published over 40 scientific papers in the field of neurosurgery in the national and international forums and indexed medical journals.
- Participated in many international workshops and courses.
- Has been a guest speaker at national and international scientific meets
Honours and awards
1. National merit scholar since higher secondary school examination, awarded by Govt of India
2. Emerk gold medal for the best scientific research paper presented at the annual conference of neurological society of India – 1996
3. Best paper Award – Karnataka orthopedic and spine association – 1997
4. Diplomate of merit awarded for the best paper presented at Asian congress of neurological surgery – Mogoya, Japan, 2000
Submit free quote request on right for considering brain and spine surgery by Dr. K N Krishna and other world class surgeons.