Below is resume of Dr. Franz Carlos Chaves Sell from Costa Rica, who is a Neurology Specialist with extensive global training & education (including France, Germany & USA). He has several medical publications to his name and has presented at many medical conferences.
Franz Carlos Chaves Sell - CURRICULUM VITA
Date of Birth: August 8, 1961
Place of Birth: Cordoba, Argentina
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
-Aug. 1989 and Dec. 1990 Postgraduate studies in Epileptology (Fellowship):
at Saint Vincent de Paul Hospital, Paris, France
Residency in Neurology
-Feb. 1985 to Feb. 1989 Residency in Neurology at the Calderon Guardia
-National Children’s Hospital
-San Juan de Dios Hospital
-1984, Social Service at Ministry of Health Center in Puntarenas
-March, 1984 Doctor in Medicine
-Dec, 1983 concluded studies as Medical Surgeon
Surgery: San Juan de Dios Hospital
Medicine: San Juan de Dios Hospital
Pediatrician: National Children’s Hospital
Gynecology and Obstetrics: Tony Facio Hospital
-June, 1983 Licensed in Medicine
-June, 1981 Bachellor of Science in Health
-1979 to 1983 Central American Autonomous University (U.A.C.A.)
*University Professor in Neurosciences and Internal Medicine at the UCIMED
(Former Central American Autonomous University).
1. Chaves, F. Neurocystercercosis, Neuroeje. Vol. 6; No. 2 – 1988.
2. Chaves, F. Analysis of the Epilepsy in Childhood Pathology, Neuroeje Vol. 7, No. 1, 1 1989.
3. Chaves, F. What to do after the first convulsion crisis of possible epileptic origin,
Neuroeje Vol. 8 – 1990.
4. Chaves, F. – Dulac. O. Lamotrigine Trial in Childhood Epilepsy (Abstract).
Neurological Act of Scandinavia Supplentum No. 133, Vol., 82 – 1990.
5. Palmini, A.; Andermann, F.; Aicardi, J.; Dulac, O.; Chaves, F.; Ponsot, G.; Pinard,
J:M:; Goutierres, F.; Livingston, J.; Tampiere, D.; Diffuse Cortical Dysplasia
Or the “Double Cortex” Syndrome: The Clinical and epileptic spectrum in
10 patients, Neurology, 1991, Oct, 41 (10): 1656-62
6. Schumberger, E.; Chaves, F.; Palacios, L.; Rey6 Pajot, N.; Dulac, O.; Lamotrigine
in treatment of 120 children with Epilesy, Epilepsia. No. 35(2), 359-367, 1994.
RECURRENT TRAINING COURSES
1)13th European Stroke Conference, Mannheim, Germany, May 12-15, 2004.
2)6th European Epilepsy Congress, Vienna, Austria, May 30 to June 3, 2004.
3)The New York University (NYU) Latin American Neurosciences Symposium,
New York, USA, Sept. 13, 14, 2004.
4)Reunion of ICNEP, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Oct, 2004.
5)57th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology, Miami, Florida, USA
April 9-16, 2005.
6)14th European Stroke Conference, Bologna, Italy, May 25-28, 2005.
7)26th International Epilepsy Congress, Paris, France, Aug. 28-Sept. 1, 2005.
8)XVIII World Congress of Neurology, Nov. 5-11, 2005
9)58th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology, San Diego, CA
USA, April 1-8, 2006.
10)15th European Stroke Conference, Brussels, Belgium, May 16-19, 2006.
11)First North American Regional Epilepsy Congress, 60th Annual Meeting of the
American Epilepsy Society, San Diego, California, USA, Dec. 1-5, 2006.
12)Meeting of Neurology, Janssen-Cilag, Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico,
April 13-15, 2007.
1.Cerebral Cysticercosis – IV Central American Congress of Neurological Sciences.
Aug. 24-27, 1988, Hospital Mexico (C.R.)
2.Lamotrigine Trial in Childhood Epilepsy. Northern European Epilepsy Symposium.
Aalborg, Denmark, Sept. 5-8, 1990.
3.Trombolysis in the Cerebral Vascular Disease in Costa Rica. Chaves-Sell F.,
International Congress of Neurosciences, San Jose, Costa Rica, Sept. 6-8, 2001.
4.Idiopathic Early Childhood Myoclonic Astatic Epilepsy. Medina MT,
Martínez-Juarez IE, Duron RM, Genton P., Guerrini R, Dravet C, Bureau M,
Perez-Gosiengfiao KT, Amador C, Bailey JN, Chaves-Sell F, Delgado-Escueta
AV. 55th Annual Meeting, American Academy of Neurology, Honolulu, Hawai,
March 29 to April 5th, 2003.
5.Experience in the acute management of Trombolysis of the Cerebral Vascular Disease
at the Hospital of Costa Rica, Chaves-Sell F, Moreira-Villalaz M, Sanchez-
Grillo R. Medina MT, Hernandez-Hernandez H, Kawer A, Esquivel-Arguedas
C. VI Congreso Iberoamericano en la enfermedad Cerebral Vascular,
San Jose, Costa Rica, Sept. 23-26, 2003.
6.Latinoamerican Stroke Registry (LATSR). M. Muñox Collazos, O. L. Pedraza A.
Benzadon, F. Chavez, J. Davila, M. De Bastos, M.T. Medina,
13th European Stroke Conference, Mannheim-Heildelberg, Germany,
May 12-15, 2004.
7.Association Between Migraine and Depression in the General Neurological
Consultation. Report from Costa Rica. Chaves-Sell F., Esquivel-Arguedas C,
Sancho-Torres L, Medina MT, Arguedas A. Duron R. XVIII World
Congress of Neurology, Sydney, Australia, Nov. 5-11, 2005.
MEMBERSHIPS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified as Neurologist specialist by the University of Costa Rica.
- Member of the American Academy of Neurology.
- Member of the National Academy of Medicine of Costa Rica.
- Treasurer of the Cabinet Board of Costa Rican College of Physician’s and Surgeon’s during the period of 1993-1995.
- Former Secretary of the Central American Federation of Neurological Sciences.
- Advisor of Ministry of Health from May 1998 to May 2002.
- Member of the Board of Director’s of the Institute of Alcoholism and Pharmacy dependency (I.A.F.A.) since May 1998 to May 2002.
- President of the Board of Director’s of I.A.F.A. June 15, 1999 to June 15, 2000.
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the College of Physician’s and Surgeon’s of Costa Rica, Jan 1999 to Jan. 2001.
- Secretary of the Iberoamerican Society of Cerebral Vascular Disease. Sept. 2003 to Sept. 2005.
- Vice-president of the Iberoamerican society of Cerebral Vascular Disease.Sept. 2005.
- Correpondence Member of the National Academy of Costa Rican Medicine.Aug., 2002.
- Member of the Editorial Committee of the magazine, Periodic Medicine Actualization.
- Chief of Neurology Department at the Clinica Biblica Hospital, San Jose, C.R.
- President of the Costa Rican chapter of the International League Against Epilepsy, since Oct. 2003.
Submit free quote request on right for considering surgery by Dr. Franz Sell and other world class doctors.