Below is resume of Dr. Franz Carlos Chaves Sell from Costa Rica, who is a Neurology Specialist with extensive global training & education (including France, Germany & USA). He has several medical publications to his name and has presented at many medical conferences.
Franz Carlos Chaves Sell – CURRICULUM VITAE
Date of Birth: August 8, 1961
Place of Birth: Cordoba, Argentina
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Aug. 1989 and Dec. 1990 – Postgraduate studies in Epileptology (Fellowship) at Saint Vincent de Paul Hospital, Paris, Franc
- March 1984 – Doctor in Medicine
- Dec 1983 – Concluded studies as Medical Surgeon
- June 1981 – Bachelor of Science in Health
- 1979 to 1983 – Central American Autonomous University (U.A.C.A.)
Residency in Neurology:
- Feb. 1985 to Feb. 1989 – Residency in Neurology at the Calderon Guardia Hospital.
- Hospital Mexico
- National Children’s Hospital
- San Juan de Dios Hospital
- Surgery – San Juan de Dios Hospital
- Medicine – San Juan de Dios Hospital
- Pediatrician – National Children’s Hospital
- Gynecology and Obstetrics – Tony Facio Hospital
- June 1983 – Licensed in Medicine
- 1984 – Social Service at Ministry of Health Center in Puntarenas
- University Professor in Neurosciences and Internal Medicine at the UCIMED (Former Central American Autonomous University).
- Chaves, F. Neurocystercercosis, Neuroeje. Vol. 6; No. 2 – 1988.
- Chaves, F. Analysis of the Epilepsy in Childhood Pathology, Neuroeje Vol. 7, No. 1, 1 1989.
- Chaves, F. What to do after the first convulsion crisis of possible epileptic origin, Neuroeje Vol. 8 – 1990.
- Chaves, F. – Dulac. O. Lamotrigine Trial in Childhood Epilepsy (Abstract), Neurological Act of Scandinavia Supplentum No. 133, Vol., 82 – 1990.
- Palmini, A.; Andermann, F.; Aicardi, J.; Dulac, O.; Chaves, F.; Ponsot, G.; Pinard, J:M:; Goutierres, F.; Livingston, J.; Tampiere, D.; Diffuse Cortical Dysplasia Or the “Double Cortex” Syndrome: The Clinical and epileptic spectrum in 10 patients, Neurology, 1991, Oct, 41 (10): 1656-62
- Schumberger, E.; Chaves, F.; Palacios, L.; Rey6 Pajot, N.; Dulac, O.; Lamotrigine in treatment of 120 children with Epilesy, Epilepsia. No. 35(2), 359-367, 1994.
RECURRENT TRAINING COURSES
- 13th European Stroke Conference, Mannheim, Germany, May 12-15, 2004.
- 6th European Epilepsy Congress, Vienna, Austria, May 30 to June 3, 2004.
- The New York University (NYU) Latin American Neurosciences Symposium, New York, USA, Sept. 13, 14, 2004.
- Reunion of ICNEP, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Oct, 2004.
- 57th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology, Miami, Florida, USA, April 9-16, 2005.
- 14th European Stroke Conference, Bologna, Italy, May 25-28, 2005.
- 26th International Epilepsy Congress, Paris, France, Aug. 28-Sept. 1, 2005.
- XVIII World Congress of Neurology, Nov. 5-11, 2005
- 58th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology, San Diego, CA USA, April 1-8, 2006.
- 15th European Stroke Conference, Brussels, Belgium, May 16-19, 2006.
- First North American Regional Epilepsy Congress, 60th Annual Meeting of the American Epilepsy Society, San Diego, California, USA, Dec. 1-5, 2006.
- Meeting of Neurology, Janssen-Cilag, Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico, April 13-15, 2007.
- Cerebral Cysticercosis – IV Central American Congress of Neurological Sciences. Aug. 24-27, 1988, Hospital Mexico (C.R.)
- Lamotrigine Trial in Childhood Epilepsy. Northern European Epilepsy Symposium, Aalborg, Denmark, Sept. 5-8, 1990.
- Trombolysis in the Cerebral Vascular Disease in Costa Rica. Chaves-Sell F., International Congress of Neurosciences, San Jose, Costa Rica, Sept. 6-8, 2001.
- Idiopathic Early Childhood Myoclonic Astatic Epilepsy. Medina MT, Martínez-Juarez IE, Duron RM, Genton P., Guerrini R, Dravet C, Bureau M, Perez-Gosiengfiao KT, Amador C, Bailey JN, Chaves-Sell F, Delgado-Escueta AV. 55th Annual Meeting, American Academy of Neurology, Honolulu, Hawai, March 29 to April 5th, 2003.
- Experience in the acute management of Trombolysis of the Cerebral Vascular Disease at the Hospital of Costa Rica, Chaves-Sell F, Moreira-Villalaz M, Sanchez-Grillo R. Medina MT, Hernandez-Hernandez H, Kawer A, Esquivel-Arguedas C. VI Congreso Iberoamericano en la enfermedad Cerebral Vascular, San Jose, Costa Rica, Sept. 23-26, 2003.
- Latinoamerican Stroke Registry (LATSR). M. Muñox Collazos, O. L. Pedraza A. Benzadon, F. Chavez, J. Davila, M. De Bastos, M.T. Medina, 13th European Stroke Conference, Mannheim-Heildelberg, Germany, May 12-15, 2004.
- Association Between Migraine and Depression in the General Neurological Consultation. Report from Costa Rica. Chaves-Sell F., Esquivel-Arguedas C, Sancho-Torres L, Medina MT, Arguedas A. Duron R. XVIII World Congress of Neurology, Sydney, Australia, Nov. 5-11, 2005.
MEMBERSHIPS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified as Neurologist specialist by the University of Costa Rica.
- Member of the American Academy of Neurology.
- Member of the National Academy of Medicine of Costa Rica.
- Treasurer of the Cabinet Board of Costa Rican College of Physician’s and Surgeon’s during the period of 1993-1995.
- Former Secretary of the Central American Federation of Neurological Sciences.
- Advisor of Ministry of Health from May 1998 to May 2002.
- Member of the Board of Director’s of the Institute of Alcoholism and Pharmacy dependency (I.A.F.A.) since May 1998 to May 2002.
- President of the Board of Director’s of I.A.F.A. June 15, 1999 to June 15, 2000.
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the College of Physician’s and Surgeon’s of Costa Rica, Jan 1999 to Jan. 2001.
- Secretary of the Iberoamerican Society of Cerebral Vascular Disease. Sept. 2003 to Sept. 2005.
- Vice-president of the Iberoamerican society of Cerebral Vascular Disease.Sept. 2005.
- Correpondence Member of the National Academy of Costa Rican Medicine.Aug., 2002.
- Member of the Editorial Committee of the magazine, Periodic Medicine Actualization.
- Chief of Neurology Department at the Clinica Biblica Hospital, San Jose, C.R.
- President of the Costa Rican chapter of the International League Against Epilepsy, since Oct. 2003.
Dr. Franz Carlos Chaves Sell