Cost – $4,935. Pre and Post Ops Included. Complimentary Ground Transportation. Passport, Visa Expedience Services.
Rotator cuff repair can help get respite from injuries to the shoulder rotator cuff area which fail to subside with nonsurgical treatments. And choosing Mexico for surgery can be a good decision as you get quality care by spending only a fraction of the cost of the surgery in the USA.
Rotator Cuff Repair Package Costs
Our packages for rotator cuff repair in Mexico cost about $4,935. To know the latest prices, we suggest that you fill our online quote form.
Our Packages Include
- Pre and post ops
- Surgeon’s fees
- Complimentary ground transportation (hotel-surgery center-airport)
- Help in shopping around for air tickets
- Hotel bookings at special discounted rates
- Help with luggage at both the airport and the hotel
- 24-7 dedicated destination manager
- Correspondences/teleconferences with the surgeon before and after the surgery, if needed
- Passport and visa expedience assistance
We also have medical loan options. Fill our estimate form for a detailed quote.
Profile of Orthopedic Surgeon for Rotator Cuff Surgery
Your rotator cuff shoulder surgery will be performed by one of the country’s leading orthopedic surgeons. Below is an overview of his education and experience:
- Serving as general director of a famous orthopedic surgery center in Tijuana (which is only about 20 minutes from San Diego)
- Performs high quality orthopedic procedures with the latest technology
- Medical degree from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (1974-80)
- Postgraduation Internship – General Regional Hospital – Leon (1980-81)
- Orthopedics and Traumatology from National Medical Center, IMSS (1981-84)
- International member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- One of the founding members of El Comite de Ortepedia y Traumatologia de Deporte de la SMO
- Attended numerous workshops, conferences and courses
(Detailed bio data of the orthopedic surgeon)
Rotator Cuff Repair Surgery Explained
An injury to the rotator cuff which fails to subside through non-surgical means may warrant a repair surgery.
- Rotator cuff refers to the tendons and muscles which give stability to the shoulder joints and aid in moving the arms up and down.
- A rotator cuff repair procedure may be recommended in the following cases:
- A tear caused by a sudden injury
- No improvement in the rotator cuff even after 3-6 months of conventional nonsurgical treatments
- Rotator cuff surgery involves debridement from empty spaces where the rotator cuff moves in the shoulder.
- It also involves relieving any pressure off the rotator cuff tendon.
- You might be recommended some active exercises (with the help of a physiotherapist) 3-4 months after your surgery.
- Watch this video in which a leading orthopedic surgeon talks at length on what the procedure entails.
Why Choose Mexico for Rotator Cuff Repair?
- Pay only about one third of the cost charged for rotator cuff repair surgery in the United States.
- No need to spend a lot of time traveling because of geographical proximity.
- Tijuana, the city where your torn rotator treatment will be performed, is only 17 miles from the Californian city of San Diego.
- Most of the border towns are not very far from American airports. This makes your task of getting there simpler.
- Culture of the country is quite akin to that of the United States because of proximity.
- No waiting periods for scheduling surgery involved.
- Minimal language problems as we work with English-speaking medical professionals.
Travel Guide on Mexico
- A valid passport is necessary for US and Canadian nationals to gain entry into Mexico.
- You will have to obtain a tourist card for venturing beyond the border zone.
- The country code is 52.
- The Mexican currency is the peso. But most of the business establishments will accept US dollars.
- Refrain from accepting local currency issued before 1993.
- If you plan to drive down into the country, it is recommended that you check with your insurance provider for coverage on Mexico too.
- You can purchase auto insurance on both sides of the border.
- You also have the option of renting a car.
- In that case, you should be a minimum of 25 years of age.
- You would also need a valid driver’s license.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on rotator cuff repair surgery in Tijuana or any other Mexican city.