Why Choose Hospitals in Bangkok?
There are numerous upsides of opting for hospitals in Bangkok.
- Hospitals in Bangkok adhere to extremely high quality standards in terms of medical care and daily operations.
- Despite high quality services, costs of medical treatments in hospitals in Bangkok can be substantially lower than the costs in countries such as the US and the UK. In fact, medical treatments in Thailand can cost a tenth of what they cost in the developed countries of the world.
- Medical services are dished out by board certified doctors. In Bangkok, there are quite a few doctors with international experience.
- With a multi-lingual workforce and international services such as interpreters and immigration services, the hospitals are able to provide the highest level of care and convenience to expatriates in Bangkok.
Traveling to and within Bangkok
Being centrally located, getting to Bangkok is easy enough.
- You can fly into Bangkok or reach by bus or train.
- The Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK) in Bangkok receives more than 40 million visitors and transit passengers every year.
- It has non-stop connectivity with leading cities of Asia, Europe, North America, and Australia.
- Travelers from Singapore and Kuala Lumpur have the added option of reaching Bangkok via train.
- Visitors from neighbouring countries such as Malaysia can arrive in Bangkok through bus services.
- There are also multiple options to navigate around the city.
- You can choose between air-conditioned buses, 30000+ taxis, sub-ways, and three-wheeled motorized taxis also known as “Tuk- Tuk”.
- For the more adventurous visitors, alternatives such as boat taxis and the BTS Sky train exist.
Sightseeing in Bangkok
Bangkok is the political, social, economic, cultural and culinary capital of Thailand.
- The city promises a confusing yet exciting medley of modern convenience and old worldly charm.
- Along with more than 400 unique Buddhist temples, the city has various other attractions such as The Grand Palace, the City Pillar Shrine, King Prajadhipok museum, Madame Tussauds and more.
- The city is quite safe as it has low crime rates.
- A stay in Bangkok is affordable enough. While budget hotel fares can range from 500-1000 Baht, high-end accommodation in reputed hotel chains carry a price tag between 1200- 4500 Baht.
- Translated in Dollars, quality stay is possible in Bangkok for prices ranging from roughly 20 to 150 dollars a night. In terms of food, Bangkok is well established as a center of world class cuisine.
- One can find authentic German, Italian, French, Thai and Lebanese food, in addition to Thai cuisine. Spots like Khao San road, Silom road, China town etc are famous for their gastronomic delights.
So, getting medical treatment in Bangkok can actually turn out to be quite fun! However, considering the tropical climate of the place, better keep that umbrella handy! Also vegetarians may have limited choices when it comes to food.
All said and done, if you are looking for world class treatments at a fraction of what they cost in your home country, then hospitals in Bangkok can offer you what you are looking for.