Dr. Y K Mishra is one of the renowned cardiac surgeons of India. He has been one of the key surgeons responsible for performing a major portion of cardiac surgeries done. He has operated over 7000 cardiovascular cases so far.
Below is the resume of Dr. Mishra who is also actively involved in research and has already published more than 70 scientific papers in national and international journals.
Procedures Done by Dr Y K Mishra: CABG -Bypass Surgery , Mitral Valve Repair Replacement , Pace Maker Installation , Angioplasty/ PTCA, etc.
Dr. Y K Mishra – CURRICULUM VITAE
Education and Fellowships:
- Born in 1954, Dr. Mishra completed his MBBS and MS from S.S Medical College in MP.
- He is a Ph.D in cardiovascular surgery from Bakulev Institute of Cardiovascular Surgery, Moscow, Russia and Fellow in cardiothoracic surgery at Thoracic Centre of University Hospital in Uppsala, Sweden.
- Dr. Mishra has the rare distinction of being on the Board of Directors of International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery. He is the 4th Asian to be so honored and Second Indian to hold this distinction.
Awards & Honors to Dr Y K Mishra:
- In 2006, Dr. Mishra was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award by World Congress on Clinical and Preventive Cardiology.
- A Life Member of Cardiological Society of India, Dr. Mishra was honored with Rashtriya Ratan Award by International Study Circle in 2005.
- He is the Founder Member of Indian College of Cardiology and also Fellow Member of Association of Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgeons of India.
- Dr. Mishra takes active interest in promoting healthy heart habits among people.
- He has founded the Payasuni Heart valve Foundation for prevention and treatment of rheumatic heart diseases.