Below is the resume of Dr. Vivek Jawali, M.S., MNAMS,M. Ch. (C.T Surg.), FIACS. Dr Jawali is the Chief Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgeon atWockhardt Superspecialty Heart Hospitals, Bangalore, India. He has spearheaded the growth of off-pump coronary artery bypass (OPCAB) in India since 1992.
Dr Jawali has performed more than 18,000 cardiac surgeries and has presented more than 100 scientific papers in national and international forums. He has also performed India’s first minimally invasive bypass surgery (MIDCAB), and also aminimally invasive valve replacement. He pioneered the movement of minimally invasive heart surgery in India.
In 2004, he performed the world’s first awake open heart surgery (Aortic valve replacement with triple bypass), with patient fully awake, without ventilator even when the heart was stopped. He has eight international scientific publications to his credit on this method of surgery.
Dr. Jawali has demonstrated newer techniques of bypass surgery at live surgical workshops in India and abroad. Many cardiac surgeons and cardiac anaesthetists from all over the world come and learn the new techniques from him. He trains cardiac surgeons from China in the art of off-pump bypass surgery.
Vivek Jawali – CURRICULUM VITAE
- Off pump Coronary Artery Bypass surgery (OPCAB)
- Minimally Invasive Direct Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (MIDCAB)
- CABG with Total Arterial Revascularisation
- Off pump Total Arterial Revascularisation
- Redo CABGs
- Triple Valve Replacement
- Mitral Valve Repair
- Repair of LV Aneurysm + CABG
- Grafting of Aortic Arch Aneurysm under profound Hypothermia and Total Circulatory Arrest
- Aortic Root Replacement
- Intracardiac repair of tricuspid atresia with TCPC
FELLOWSHIPS AND SURGICAL OBSERVATIONS ABROAD
- With Dudley Johnson MD, St.Mary’s Hopital MILWAUKEE, USA (Redo CABG and Endarterectomy)
- Mr. John Wright London Chest Hospital & The Princess Grace Hospital, London
- Mr. Steven J.Westbay John Radcliff Hospital Oxford UK (Fast tracking)
- Mr. Steven J.Philips, MD Mercy Hospital, Des Monies, USA (Primary CABG for Acute M.I)
- Prof. Calafiore, University Hospital Chieti, Italy, (Total Arterial Revascularization, Warm Heart Surgery, MIDCAB, Skeletanisation of IMAS.)
- Dr. Erick Jansen University Hospital Utrecht, Netherland, (CABG on Beating Heart with Octopus Tissue stabilisation & skeletonisation of IAMS)
- Dr. Urbon Lonn, University Hospital Linchoping, Sweden
ACTIVITIES IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- President , Indian Association of Cardiovascular and thoracic surgeons (IACTS)
- Founder member of the International Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgeons (ISMICS)
- Member Executive Council of Indian Association of C.T Surgeons (IACTS) 1995
- Vice president of Indian College of Cardiology (I.C.C) 1999-2002
- Hon. Secretary, Cardiology Society of India, Bangalore Chapter 1987
- Hon. Secretary , Bangalore Surgical Society 1992
- Editor of Journal of Indian Association of C.T Surgery 2001
- Member of the executive committee Indian Medical Association, Bangalore chapter 1988
- Vice president of Indian Medical Association, Karnataka chapter 2001
- Chairman, Scientific Committee of the Annual Conference of Indian Association of Cardiovascular and thoracic surgeons – 1995
- Vice Chairman – organizing Committee of the annual conference of Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons 2005
- Fellow of the IACTS (Indian Association of Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgeons)
Submit free quote request on right for considering cardiothoracic and vascular surgery by Dr. Vivek Jawali and other world class cardiac surgeons.