Dr T.S Kler is an expert Electrophysiologist. He is a very activeInterventional Cardiologist and has performed more than 5000 Coronary, Renal & Peripheral Angioplasties.
Being the highest implanter of ICD’s & Combo devices in the country he has been recognized for his outstanding work with many awards. He has about 150 national & international journal articles to his name. He has contributed immensely in building the global reputation that the Institute enjoys today.
Procedures Done by Dr T S Kler:
Interventional procedures like Cardiac Catheterization and Electrophysiology
Dr. T S Kler – CURRICULUM VITAE
Languages spoken: English/ Hindi
- Dr. Kler is a Member of the North American Society of Pacing & Electrophysiology (NASPE)
- Fellow of American College of Cardiology (FACC)
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians (FRCP, UK)
- Member of various Indian professional bodies like ICC, CSI, API, IMA & DMA
- He is also a scientific advisor to various multinational companies like Boston Scientific, Medtronic, Guidant & Medical Concepts, all incorporated in USA
Education and fellowships:
- Dr. Kler pursued his MBBS from Patiala and his MD in Medicine & DM in Cardiology from PGI Chandigarh.
- Worked in Saudi Arabia for a few years, establishing a Cardiology unit and completed his MRCP from UK before returning to India.
- Has been associated with Escorts Heart Institute & Research Center, New Delhi.
- Has done Senior Fellowship programme at Milwaukee, USA, which allowed him to extend his expertise beyond the area of Interventional Cardiology into Electrophysiology.
- Dr. Kler’s constant endeavour is to improve Electrophysiology facilities in the country and bring them at par with western standards.
- His motto in life now is to bring quality heart care facilities to the common man in the country at affordable prices and at his doorstep.
- He is regularly invited as a guest faculty to various National & Interventional conferences like NASPE & ACC and has been a guest faculty in USA, France, Australia, Pakistan, Srilanka, Bangladesh & Singapore.
- During his tenure at Escorts Heart Institute & Research Center, Dr. Kler has personally trained over 100 cardiologists in India to perform advanced techniques of Electrophysiology.
- He has to his credit a number of firsts:
- Establishing the 1st dedicated Electrophysiology Department in India at Fortis Escorts Hospital
- First one to implant an ICD in S.E. Asia
- First to implant a Heart Failure Device (Bi-ventricular pacemaker) in S.E. Asia
- First to implant a Combo device in S.E. Asia
- First to perform Radio Frequency Ablation in Sri Lanka & Bangladesh.
- Dr. Kler was first to implant an ICD in Punjab Institute of Cardiology, LAHORE & also started Radiofrequency Ablation programme in that institute.
- Contributed in establishing Cardiology & Electrophysiology Departments at various centres in India.
Awards & Honors :
Dr. Kler has been recognized for his outstanding work with many awards, the prominent ones being:
- Awarded Padma Bhushan – 2005
- The Great Son of India Award given by Internationally Recognised Talented Indians (FIRTI) by Sahibzada Ajit Singh Academy, Roopnagar, Punjab in February 2003
- The Citation Awarded on behalf of Escorts Heart Institute, Delhi by Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam (President of India) in December 2002
- Vijay Ratna Award given by India International Friendship Society for enriching human life and outstanding attainments
Submit free quote request on the right for considering coronary, renal & peripheral angioplasty by Dr. T S Kler in India and other world class doctors.