Below is Resume of Dr. S.M Bose from India, an expert in almost in all spheres of general surgery including breast cancer, hernia, thyroid and other endocrine organs, colo-rectal, gastro-intestinal, hepato-biliary, pancreatic, soft tissue. Extensive experience with overseas patients.
Dr. S. M. Bose - CURRICULUM VITA
Education & Training
Gajra Raja Medical College, Gwalior . 1963
Was taught by renowned Medical Teachers: Profs. B.N.B.Rao, P.N. Laha, L. Pathak, I.P.Agarwal, B.P.Saxena N.P.Benawri, S.L.Agarwal, A.H.Firdausi
M.S. – ( Master of Surgery)
P. G. I. M. E. R., Chandigarh 1966
Was trained by renowned surgeons: Profs. S.S.Anand, I.C. Pathak, V.K. Saini, D.R. Gulati, B.L. Talwar, Kuldip Singh, D.S. Grewal, C. Balakrishnan, C.P. Sawhni, M. Valiathan and others.
ADDITIONAL DEGREES & FELLOWSHIPS
- F.R.C.S. Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow
- F.A.C.S American College of Surgeons
- FACG Fellow of American College of Gastroenterology (USA)
- F.A.M.S National Academy of Medical Sciences
- F.I.C.S International College of Surgeons USA
- F.A.I.S Association of Surgeons of India.*F.I.A.M.S.
- I.M.A Academy of Medical Specialists
- Fellow New York Academy of Sciences, New York, USA
- Fellow Union International Cancer Control, Switzerland
- Fellow W.H.O
Overseas Surgical Training
- Royal Postgraduate Medical School & Hammersmith Hospital , London with Prof. RCN Williamson
- Sloan Kettering Memorial Cancer Hospital, New York with Prof.Blumgart
- Kings College, London
- President Chandigarh Surgical Society
- Past President Association of Surgeons of India
- Past President Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology
Senior Consultant Surgeon:
- Fortis Heart & Multispeciality Hospital, Mohali
- Cosmo Hospital, Mohali,
- Mukat Hospital, Chandigarh
Advisor: Assn of Surgeons of India
Editorial Advisor: Coloproctology, Hospital Today
Advisor: Indian Assn of Day Care surgery
Governing Council Member of Prachin Kala Kendra, Chandigarh
President Chandigarh Surgical Society
Past President Association of Surgeons of India
Past President Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology
What are Dr. Bose’s primary areas of surgery?
- Diseases of Breast including Cosmetic Surgery for augmentation & Reduction
- Hepato-biliary diseases including Laparoscopic surgery
- Gastro-intestinal surgery
- Pancreatic diseases
- Colo-rectal: All problems including Ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, Polyposis
- Endocrine surgery for Thyroid, Parathyroids, Adrenals
Incisional – huge neglected ones with inlay mesh repair, Ventral, Inguinal
Stapler haemorrhoidectomy, sclerotherapy
Does he provide specialized management cancer?
Yes, Breast Cancer. In fact, Dr. Bose is one of the few surgeons administering chemotherapy and hormone therapy himself to breast cancer patients. This results in patients not having to run to multiple specialists and no interruption in the complete treatment.
How many years experience does he possess?
43 years of varied experience in the practice of surgery.
Does Dr. Bose specialize in certain procedures (more so than others)?
He specialize in all spheres of general surgery
What are his main interests?
Dr. Bose’s interests are varied: surgical oncology, hepato-biliary, GI and endocrine surgery.
Has Dr. Bose ventured into teaching?
He has been working as a full time faculty member in a premier teaching medical institue of India and his last posting was Senior Professor and Head of Surgery Department.
The President of India decorated him as an Eminent Medical Teacher in 1997
Does Dr. Bose speak English?
His entire education and training have been in English language.
Have Dr. Bose published any books?
Have published more than 120 scientific papers in International & National professional journals
Have published 2 books: 1. CANCER 2. CONSENSUS IN BREAST CANCER
Submit free quote request on right for considering surgery by Dr. S M Bose and other world class doctors.