Below is the Resume of Dr Laleng M Darlong who is a well known Thoracic Oncosurgeon in India. He has done his Clinical Fellowship in Thoracic Surgery.
Procedures Done: Advanced NUSS procedure for pectus excavatum, Cryosurgery, EVLT (Endovenous laser therapy) Cryosurgery, Needleoscopy for Hyperhydrosis , etc
DR. LALENG MAWIA DARLONG – CURRICULUM VITAE
- Minimal Invasive Repair of Pectus Excavatum (MIRPE) for Funnel chest deformity.
- Thoracoscopy / Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery [VATS] / Video-Mediastinoscopy – For diseases of Lung [Lung cancer and benign lung disease], Chest wall, Mediastinum, Diaphragm, Esophagus, Pleura, Cervical rib, etc.
- Tracheal Surgery- Resection and reconstruction.
- Needleoscopy for Hyperhydrosis.
- Cryosurgery- Inoperable lung cancer, Tracheal disease etc.
- Varicose vein surgery—EVLT (Endovenous laser therapy) Cryosurgery.
MENTORING IN PECTUS EXCAVATUM
Mentoring under Prof H.J.Park at the “Pectus Excavatum Clinic” Korea University Medical Centre, Seoul in Minimally Invasive Repair of Funnel Chest Deformity.This is the only centre of its kind in the world and has the highest case series. Assisted and performed over 50 cases of various morphology from symmetric to asymmetric defect of the Grand Canyon types. Follow a technique of repair based on Morphology of defect with TERCOM image guidance and safety using Pectoscope and Sternal lift techniques.
EXPERIENCE IN YEARS
- Extensive exposure of 6 years in General Thoracic Surgery & Minimal Access Thoracic Surgery as a Junior Resident and Senior Resident in the Division of Thoracic & Minimal access Surgery,Department of Surgical Disciplines, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- Performing General Thoracic and Thoracoscopy procedures regularly as Assistant professor / Consultant in Surgery from August 2006 till June 2009 at Northeast Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health & Medical Sciences, Shillong, India.
- Completed a 6 month Clinical Fellowship course from Korea University Medical Centre Seoul, South Korea in the Division of Thoracic Surgery which also runs the Pectus Excavatum Clinic.
- Intensive mentoring under Prof H.J.Park in the Minimal Invasive Repair of Pectus Excavatum (MIRPE) at Korea Univ Medical Centre, Pectus Excavatum clinic the only centre of its kind in the world. Assisted and performed over 50 cases of various morphology from symmetric to asymmetric defect of the Grand Canyon types. Follow a technique of repair based on Morphology of defect with TERCOM image guidance and safety using Pectoscope and Sternal lift techniques.
- Clinical Fellowship in Thoracic Surgery, Korea University Medical Centre, Anam Hospital Seoul, Korea. – July 2009 till December 2009.
- Assistant Professor of Surgery – Aug 2006 till June 2009. North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS), Shillong India.
- Visiting Consultant – Apr 05 – Aug 06
Bethany Hospital Shillong (100 bed multispecialty hospital); K.J. P. Hospital, Shillong (400 bed Hospital) in India
- Senior Registrar, Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgical Disciplines AIIMS Delhi – Jan 02 – Jan 05
- MS (General Surgery) Junior Resident – 1999 – 2001, AIIMS, New Delhi
- Fellowship in General Thoracic Surgery, Korea University Medical Centre, Seoul, South Korea.
- M.S. GENERAL SURGERY, 2001 All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- M.B.B.S., 1998 Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal.
- FMAS (Fellow Minimal Access Surgeons of India).
PUBLICATIONS BY DR L M DARLONG
- Darlong LM. Pulmonary aspergillosis – Atypical presentation in HIV+ve patient with vertical transmission; Article at Meghalaya Medical Service Association (MMSA) annual meeting, Shillong, Feb 07.
- Darlong LM. Video Assisted Thoracoscopy – Review of cases at Shillong; Article at MMSA annual meeting, Shillong, Feb 07.
- Darlong LM. How I Do it Differently: Video-assisted thoracic surgery for superior posterior mediastinal neurogenic tumour in the supine position. J Min Access Surg 2009;5:49-51.
- Darlong LM. Images in Surgery: Vanishing Lung Syndrome. Indian Journal of Surgery 2010;72:79-80.
- Darlong LM. Pectus excavatum repair using a minimally invasive approach: An appraisal : North East Orthoscan Feb 2010;7:29-34.
- Is there role for 2mm Needle Thoracoscopic pleural biopsy under local anesthesia in pleural effusion. Submitted in Surgical Lap Endosc & Percutaneous Tech.
- Simultaneous coronary and cerebral air emboli: A near-fatal event following a percutaneous needle aspiration lung biopsy. Submitted in Annals of Thoracic Surgery.
- Impromptu gastroplasty using a lesser curvature reverse gastric tube for esophageal conduit. Submitted in Thoracic and cardiovascular surgeon.
- Video-Presentation on Thoracoscopy at Tripura API Conference Agartala on august 2007.
- Organized and presented work done by me in Thoracic Surgery in the last 1 year with emphasis on Thoracoscopy (VATS) at Shillong – Feb 06.
- Video-Presentation on VATS during ASI Assam branch annual conference at shillong September 2007.
- VII annual conference, NE Cardiology Society of India, Shillong. Paper presentation on ―Video Assisted Thoracoscopy and Bullectomy – Oct 06.
- ASIMANICON (Association of Surgeons of India, Manipur Chapter) 2010, Imphal. Guest lecture; Minimally Invasive Repair of Pectus Excavatum (MIRPE) – Parks Technique. Oct 2010.
- Association of Surgeon of India (ASI)
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI)
REVIEWER OF INDEXED JOURNALS
- Reviewer “Respiratory Care” – The Science Journal of the American Association for Respiratory Care
- Reviewer “Lung India” – The official journal of the Indian Chest Society