Dr. Ashok Seth, one of the most recognized and respected Indian Cardiologist across the globe has contributed significantly to the growth, development and scientific progress of Interventional Cardiology in Asia Pacific.
Over the past 25 years, he has performed more than 50,000 angiograms and 20,000 angioplasties in his career, for which he has received recognition in the “Limca Book of Records”. For his invaluable contribution and achievements in the field of medicine, Dr. Seth has been awarded the prestigious national recognition, Padma Shri, in 2003.
- Directional Coronary Atherectomy, Stents, Drug Eluting Stents
- Angioscopy and Angiojet Thrombectomies
- Percutaneous Myocardial Laser Revascularization
- Dr. Seth was instrumental in creating the Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi from the day of its inception when he became the head of Invasive and Interventional Cardiology on his return from England in 1988.
- He is the only interventional cardiologist from India who has been invited repeatedly to demonstrate complex angioplasty technique at the TCT meeting in Washington USA which is the biggest meeting of interventional cardiologists across the world. These cases were performed in India and transmitted live via satellite to Washington.
Education and Fellowship
- He is one of the youngest person to be honored with Doctorate of Science (Honoris Causa) by Banaras Hindu University in 1998.
- He was also one of the youngest overseas doctors to be awarded the Fellowship of all the three Royal Colleges of London, Edinburgh & Ireland in year 1995.
Memberships and Publications
- Associate Editor of International Journal of Cardiology.
- Editorial board of three of the most important journals of international cardiology in the world – Journal American College of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Interventions; Catheterization and Cardiovascular Intervention and Euro Intervention.
- He is prolific writer of original scientific papers and has more than 150 publications to his credit.
- Dr. Seth is founder advisory board member or governor to several prestigious international scientific bodies in the world, including the Asia Pacific Society of Cardiologist, SAARC Cardiac Society, and Society of Cardiovascular Angiographies and Interventions (USA).