If bikini season sends you into panic mode and you are seriously envious of washboard abs of movie stars, it’s time to get a tummy tuck in Istanbul, Turkey. Make that decision and you could be a few days away from similar contours! Also known as abdominoplasty, tummy tucks are very popular cosmetic surgery procedures that can transform your body and consequently, your wardrobe! Medical tourism in Turkey has been a rising phenomenon, thanks to the availability of low cost yet quality medical and cosmetic treatments.
According to a March 2012 press release of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, of the 360 liposuction and tummy tuck patients covered under a study by Dr Swanson, 98% said that they would undergo the procedure again and 99% would recommend it to others. With such high rates of satisfaction, it is hardly a puzzle that an increasing number of people seeking better tummy image are heading for abdominoplasty tummy tuck in Istanbul, Turkey.
What is a Tummy Tuck?
A tummy tuck or an abdominoplasty is a cosmetic procedure that surgically removes redundant skin and flab from the middle and lower part of the abdomen. It includes tightening of the abdominal muscles. Since the procedure removes sagging loose skin and fat, it helps create a flatter stomach.
It is important to remember that tummy tucks are not weight loss procedures and are not suitable for obese candidates. Tummy tucks work best for people who have:
- Loose skin and fat that cannot be removed solely by diet and exercise.
- Excessively loose skin that cannot tolerate liposuction.
- Weakened abdominal muscles after pregnancy or due to old age.
The procedure involves cutting into the skin near the pubic area and tightening the abdominal muscles to give a leaner appearance to the stomach. You can get either a complete abdominoplasty or a partial/mini tuck. In either case, the incision is made in an area low enough to be covered by underwear and swimwear.
You need to be careful if you have any chronic diseases, a history of blood clots or previous abdominal surgery. Discuss these conditions with your surgeon before you commit to an abdominoplasty or tummy tuck in Istanbul, Turkey.
Why Choose To Get a Tummy Tuck in Istanbul, Turkey?
According to statistics compiled by the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS), tummy tucks for both British men and women have gone up significantly in 2011( a 7% rise in women and 15% in men). As people become more conscious of their appearance, there is an increasing number of candidates who are seeking procedures such as mini tummy tuck in Istanbul, Turkey.
Relatively intricate procedures, tummy tucks are expensive propositions. Since they are largely elective, WebMD warns that insurance will not cover any or majority of the costs unless the tummy tuck is part of a surgical treatment such as for a hernia.
This explains why an increasing number of patients are electing to get tummy tucks in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Like other cosmetic surgery procedures, the cost of a tummy tuck in Istanbul, Turkey is enticingly low. Turkey’s low labor and living costs make high value healthcare cheaper to access. So you will save up to 60% of the cost when you choose to get a laser tummy tuck in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Add lodging expenses and in-country travel expenses to your tummy tuck prices in Istanbul and you’ll get a good bargain, saving you quite a handful of those precious dollars!
- You will undergo your procedure in top class hospitals, some of which are affiliated with pioneering institutions such as Johns Hopkins Medicine. The shocking difference created in your before and after tummy tuck pictures will bear testimony to Istanbul surgeons’ surgical skills.
- The medical centers are well equipped and offer cutting edge technology for treatments such as hair transplant, liposuction, and facelift in Istanbul, Turkey.
- The leading tummy tuck doctors in Istanbul, Turkey are well trained medical professionals, who are highly recommended and are widely certified. You will be in good hands as you undergo aesthetic plastic surgery in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Most hospitals in Turkey offering tummy tucks have been granted the much vaunted ISO-2001 certificate. Turkey has 43 JCI accredited medical centers.
- Communicating with the cosmetic surgeon and the medical staff about abdominoplasty in Istanbul, Turkey will be conducted in easy and flowing English.
- You will have minimal problems scheduling your tummy tuck in Istanbul, Turkey given the easy availability of cosmetic surgeons and medical services.
- Turkey is on the abutment of where Europe meets Asia. Its strategic location means that people from Romania, Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, the UK, and other parts of West Europe, the Middle East, and even Africa can contain their travel time and costs by opting for tummy tucks in Istanbul, Turkey.
Travel Tips for Getting Tummy Tucks in Istanbul, Turkey
Before you travel for your abdominoplasty in Istanbul, Turkey, you must do your due research about travel requirements, payment methods, and hospital and surgeon certifications, among others.
- It is important that you have all your terms and conditions properly explained and in writing to avoid unexpected issues.
- One of the easiest ways of gauging the caliber of the medical center is to ask them for pictures of tummy tucks that have been performed.
- Turkish authorities require you to carry your passport with you at all times.
- You can get your visa at the port of entry but check to make sure before scheduling your tummy tuck procedure in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Make sure you understand the protections afforded to you under the cosmetic surgery package you sign up for. Medical malpractice laws are applied differently in Turkey than in the US, the UK, or other European nations.
- Remember to include the cost of travel in your calculations since it can take up to 24 hours from the United States to reach Istanbul for a tummy tuck. It takes much lesser time from Europe to reach Istanbul.
Istanbul is the capital of Turkey, its landscape marked by its previous role as center of the Byzantine and Ottoman Empires. Between the stunning Hagia Sophia, the aromatic Spice Bazaar, and twinkling Akmerkez Shopping Mall, you will find state-of-the-art medical centers, where gifted cosmetic surgeons will perform your tummy tuck in Istanbul, Turkey to transform you from a not-so-svelte before to an oh-so-slender after!
Medical Tourism Corporation facilitates low cost cosmetic and plastic surgery treatment in Turkey and other countries. Fill out the free estimate request form on right for more information.