Screening of Surrogates in India
Question – How is a surrogate chosen in India? What are the screening criteria for a surrogate?
Answer – Medical Tourism Corporation’s network surrogacy clinics in India have a very meticulous and stringent criteria for choosing a surrogate. The surrogates are:
- between 21-35 years of age.
- married with previous normal deliveries and healthy babies. (In India, it is still largely socially unacceptable for an unmarried woman to have children, especially if the woman comes from a middle-class background.)
- screened thoroughly for infectious diseases like Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV, VDRL and genetic conditions. A complete investigation is done into the medical history, blood transfusion history of the surrogate, and her family’s medical history is examined. The surrogate must have a normal obstetric history (no miscarriages, no antenatal, intranatal and postnatal complications in previous pregnancies). A detailed pelvic sonography is done and other tests for uterine receptivity are done to ensure maximum chances of success.
- screened for Thalassemia, too.
- checked for any addictions or substance abuse.
- put through a psychological screening + IQ testing by a qualified clinical psychologist.
Please note that most of our surrogates are married and have children. However, for some exceptional cases, we do have a few who are widows and have children and are willing to do surrogacy. This is required by some of our clients whose country’s laws allow easier return of the baby with the intended parents if the child is born to a surrogate mother who is single.
- Surrogacy in India
- Surrogate Mother India
- Gestational Surrogacy India
- Surrogacy Services to Lesbians
- India Surrogacy FAQs
Medical Tourism Corporation facilitates affordable surrogacy and related services in India. Fill out the estimate request form on our site for a free quote and more information.