Male hair transplant in India can be a low cost solution for men suffering from androgenic alopecia to regain their crowning glory back. By the age of thirty-five, two-thirds of American men will start losing their hair, reports the American Hair Loss Association. By the age of fifty, 85% of American men will have significantly thinned hair.
However, one doesn’t have to despair. Getting a male hair transplant in India can help restore their confidence and get back a full head of hair, that too without making them drain their coffers.
Medical tourism in India is a growing market, with the country’s healthcare industry expected to expand to $2 billion by 2012 – as prognosticated by the Confederation of Indian Industry.
An increasing number of Indian doctors are undergoing their medical training in the United States and then bringing their expertise back to their motherland. Additionally, the renowned Indian hospitals are equipped with state-of-the-art technological equipment, making the Southwest Asian economic giant a hotspot for medical tourism.
An Overview of Hair Restoration for Men
- Hair transplant for men in India or for that matter any place requires that you have enough hair on the sides and back of the head to serve as donor areas.
- Surgeons take grafts from the donor hair areas to transplant to the thinning areas. They use small surgical tools to perform the procedure.
- Along with treating alopecia in men of an advanced age, hair restoration can be used to restore hair follicles that were destroyed on a burned area of skin.
- Hair can either be transplanted using strips of hair or individual hair follicles. Transplanting individual hair follicles reduces scarring and recovery time.
- The recovery period can take anywhere from seven days to two weeks depending on the type of hair transplant.
Advantages of Undergoing Male Hair Transplant in India
- Hair transplantation in India costs significantly lower than the prices charged in the US, the UK and Canada.
- There are a number of state-of-the-art clinics that offer affordable hair transplant treatments in India without compromising quality.
- India is home to many JCI and NABH accredited hospitals. Many of them have ISO certifications too.
- The renowned hospitals of the country adhere to strict medical standards.
- The country is also home to a number of US-returned doctors.
Hair replacement surgery for men in India rather than in one’s home country allows the patient to discreetly undergo the surgery. This is an advantage for men who are embarrassed about undergoing treatment for their hair loss. cosmetic surgery in India, you can easily afford a well-deserved vacation in the country. Before your surgery, you can head out to one of India’s many warm sandy beaches or hit up the hottest nightclubs. You can also enjoy authentic, savory Indian cuisine.
Cost of Hair Transplant in India
- Low cost of hair transplant in India is a ramification of the low living costs in the country.
- Intense competition between the state-of-the-art medical facilities to add more overseas patients to their list of happy customers also helps keep a check on the prices of male and female hair transplant in India.
- You can travel cheap around India without feeling guilty about extra costs.
- Hair Restoration for Men in India – Handy Tips
- Narrow down your list of prospective hair transplant surgeons by looking them up on review sites and medical forums.
- Dress in the light, conservative clothing.
- Do not flash your valuables when on the street.
- Avoid large crowds to prevent yourself from becoming an easy target for pickpockets.
- Only drink bottled water or water that is available at the hospital.
- Stick to veggies. Avoid eating non-vegetarian food.
- If you get intimated by crowds, don’t worry. There are number of quiet getaways in India too. Head for the hills in Himachal and Uttarakhand.
- Steel yourself as hygiene standards can vary from those in your home country. Avoid street food.
Undergoing a male hair transplant in India can help you get rid of baldness without making you shell out a fortune. If you are looking for the best bang for your buck, head to India! With the low cost treatments, high quality care, and comfortable facilities, it is a small wonder that more and more medical tourists are flocking to India for getting treated.