Hip replacements involve replacing hip joints with prosthetic implants. These can cost quite a fortune in the United States and Canada. However, residents of the North American countries can look down south for respite from hip pain for much lower costs. Read on to know more…
Hip Replacement Package Prices
MTC’s special packages for hip replacement surgery in Monterrey, which include 4-night hospital stay, range from $15,000 to $16,000.
*Fill our online quote form to know the latest prices and specials. Also, we will be able to give you an accurate quote only after evaluating your medical questionnaire.
Our Packages Include
- Pre and post ops
- Expenses related to the hospital, medicines, and surgery
- Surgeon’s fees
- Complimentary pick-up services for medical appointments as well to-and-fro between the hotel, hospital and airport
- A dedicated destination manager available 24*7
- Assistance in flight bookings, and visa and passport
- Help in making hotel bookings at special discounted rates
- Help with luggage at the airport and hotel
- Any pre and post op correspondences with the doctor
And a lot more! Fill our quote form now to know more!
Hospital Where Your Surgery will be done
To facilitate your hip replacement procedure in Monterrey, we work with one of the prime hospitals in the city. Here is a brief outline of the hospital features:
- Joint Commission International (JCI) accredited facility
- Run by an American group – the International Hospital Corporation
- Affiliated with the Mayo Clinic, South Western Medical Center, and Children’s Hospital Boston
- Granted level three of acute patient care by the Mexican Ministry of Health, the highest distinction for a hospital in Mexico
- 70-bed hospital
- Six state-of-the-art operating rooms
- All modern diagnostic tools such as CT scan, ultrasound, and open magnetic resonance imaging system
- Majority of the staff is English-speaking
- Standard US protocols pertaining to patient care and infection control followed
Click on the hyperlink to read on this hospital for orthopedic procedures in Monterrey, Mexico.
Orthopedic Surgeon We Work With
We at Medical Tourism Corporation firmly believe in providing the best of patient care to our clients. For your hip arthroscopy surgery here, we work with a highly experienced and competent orthopedic surgeon. His profile in brief is as follows:
- Graduation from Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León
- Attended BG Trauma Hospital at Tubingen, Germany
- Fellowship from the Christus St. Joseph Hospital in Houston, Texas in orthopedics and sports medicine
- Performs more than 240 arthroscopic surgeries every year
- Attends medical conferences held throughout the United States
- Member of the American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons, the Traumatology and Orthopedic College, Nuevo Leon, and the Mexican Board of Traumatology and Orthopedics
Benefits of Choosing Monterrey for Hip Arthroscopy
- Save huge amounts of money – almost three quarters off American prices.
- Cut down travel costs and time too as the Mexican city is just about 135 miles from Laredo and McAllen in Texas.
- It is just 124 miles from the US-Mexico border.
- The city is often dubbed as the most “Americanized” in entire Mexico, so you won’t feel you’ve traveled to a foreign country for partial or total hip replacement.
- You will be able to have your surgery scheduled without any waiting periods involved.
- The city has its own international airport, so in case you do not wish to drive down, you can fly down.
What is Hip Replacement Surgery?
- People who suffer from arthritic pain or severe damage to hip joints caused by a fracture can get respite from hip replacement surgery.
- It involves placing a prosthetic hip joint implant.
- It is alternatively known as hip arthroscopy.
- Whereas partial hip replacement involves replacing the femoral head only, total hip replacement involves replacing both the femoral head and the acetabulum.
Taking Care of Your New Hip Joints
- A physical therapist will teach you some exercises which you can do at the hospital and later at home.
- Avoid crossing your legs at knees for at least two months after your surgery.
- Do not bring your knee above your hip level.
- Do not tilt forward when you sit down.
- Avoid bringing your waist further than 900.
- Use an icepack to alleviate pain or swelling.
- Before you start exercising, apply a hot damp towel or a heat pad for about 15 to 20 minutes. This will help with the range of motion.
- Avoid sitting on the floors, low stools, or toilet seats.
- Along with the recommended workouts, add walking to your exercise regimen too.
A Guide to Monterrey
Hip replacements here in the Mexican city will help you get respite from debilitating pain without making you empty your pockets. And the following information will help you have a smooth trip:
- A valid passport for Americans and Canadians is required to enter Mexico.
- For venturing 20-30 kilometers beyond the border zone, a tourist card called Forma Migratoria Múltiple (FMM) will be required.
- If you plan to cross the border into Mexico, then the closest crossing points to Monterrey will be at Reynosa and Nuevo Laredo (both in Texas).
- Cabs are one of the most reliable ways to get around the city.
- Insist on the cab driver to use the meter to avoid being overcharged.
- The General Mariano Escobedo International Airport (IATA: MTY) is about 20 minutes’ drive from the downtown area.
Submit the free quote request form for more information on hip replacement surgery in Monterrey – Mexico.