Gastric sleeve in Costa Rica can be a great option for people seeking an economical and effective weight loss surgical solution abroad. Every year scores of obese people who have failed to lose weight using non-surgical means (aka diet control and workouts) undergo low cost, high quality bariatric surgery in countries such as Costa Rica.
As per PROMED, promoters of medical tourism in Costa Rica, the health tourism sector in the country was projected to reach $100 million in 2011. According to government estimates, 30,000 foreign nationals visited Costa Rica for medical treatments in 2009. Approximately, 85% of medical tourists are from the United States.
Apart from bariatric surgery, orthopedic surgeries and dental procedures like dental bone grafting, full mouth restorations, and traditional and same day dental implants in Costa Rica are quite popular among overseas patients.
What is Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
- Gastric sleeve surgery, also called sleeve gastrectomy (SG), vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG) and gastric sleeve resection, is a minimally invasive laparoscopic procedure for weight loss in which the stomach is reduced to about 25% of its original size by removing a large section of it surgically.
- The open edges are then appended together generally by using surgical staples to create a banana-shaped tube or sleeve.
- The sleeved stomach makes one feel full quicker and therefore, food consumption is reduced, which leads to weight loss.
Advantages of Gastric Sleeve in Costa Rica
There are many benefits of opting for gastric sleeve operation in Costa Rica. These include the following:
- Laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery in Costa Rica can be relatively inexpensive. Gastric sleeve surgery cost in Costa Rica can be 40% to 60% less than the prices charged in the US, Canada and the UK.
- Reputable hospitals for medical tourism in Costa Rica provide world-class healthcare.
- Leading hospitals in Costa Rica are equipped with ultra modern equipment and use the most advanced techniques to perform weight loss surgeries.
- Well-established medical facilities for sleeve gastrectomy surgery in Costa Rica have surgeons with globally respected credentials. Many of them have trained and practiced at renowned medical institutes in the United States, Canada and even Europe.
- Although Spanish is the official language of Costa Rica, English is widely spoken throughout the country, allowing overseas patients to easily communicate with surgeons, support staff and locals.
- Ease of travel makes Costa Rica a preferred medical tourism destination for U.S. patients. The country can be reached from most of the American cities within 5 to 7 hours by air.
- There is negligible or zero waiting time for vertical gastric sleeve in Costa Rica.
Thinking About Gastric Sleeve WLS in Costa Rica? Some Handy Tips
- The procedure is irreversible. Once the operation is performed, there is nothing one can do to restore the stomach to its original size.
- Seek advice from your local doctor to determine if sleeve gastrectomy surgery in Costa Rica is the right option for you.
- Besides gastric sleeve prices in Costa Rica, consider the cost of traveling and taking someone along with you.
- Always select a reputable medical facility to get first class healthcare in Costa Rica.
Check out the credentials of the bariatric surgeon who will be performing sleeve gastrectomy in Costa Rica on you. Ask for referrals and read patient testimonials.
Medical Travel in Costa Rica – Places to Visit
There are many exotic places for medical tourists to explore during their stay for gastric sleeve surgery in Costa Rica. These include:
- Arenal Volcano National Park – Great for viewing lava gushing down the slopes of the eponymous Arenal Volcano.
- Rincon de La Vieja National Park – Famous for waterfalls, volcano geysers, thermal waters and Costa Rican wildlife.
- Templo de la Música – Costa Rica’s take on the Temple of Love and Music in Versailles, the temple should figure on the list of must-sees of music lovers. The temple is the oft-chosen venue of mesmerizing performances by the San Jose City Band and the National Symphonic Orchestra.
- Dominical – A well-kept secret of Costa Rica and is known for rainforests and serene, scarcely crowded beaches.
Costa Rican hospitals are well-known all through the globe for providing top-quality weight loss surgeries at reasonable costs. Economical gastric sleeve in Costa Rica can be considered by those struggling to get rid of excess weight.