Dr. Vinay Sabharwal, a well known Surgeon from India has wide experience in the field of Laparoscopic Surgery. He is a member of the Indian Association of Gastro endoscopic Surgeons and Endoscopic and Lap. Surgeons of Asia. He has Regularly participated as panelist, speaker, chairperson in regional, national and international conferences in Laparoscopic Surgery.
Areas of Expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- General Surgery
- General and Laparoscopic Surgeon at Nova Medical Centers, New Rohtak Road.
- General and Laparoscopic Surgeon at Jeewan Mala Hospital, New Rohtak Road since 1982.
- Senior Visiting Consultant Surgeon at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, a premier Hospital of repute.
- Involved with teaching of undergraduates in Surgery at RML Hospital.
- Training in Laparoscopic Surgery:
- Actively involved in the training of young surgeons and Gynaecologists who want to practice Minimal Access Surgery through training programmes approved by Indian Academy of Medical Specialties and FOGSI.
- Course coordinator for the operative workshops on “Laparoscopy beyond Cholecystectomy” held half yearly in association with IMA – AMS.
Faculty for various National and International Conferences on Laparoscopic Surgery
- Regular participation as panellist, speaker, chairperson in regional, national and international conferences in Laparoscopic Surgery. International exposure for training in Laparoscopic surgery through simulators, CD-Roms and Animal Labs. Exposure in Laparoscopic Management of Morbid Obesity at Fresno, California, USA.
- Faculty : Conference on Information Technology for Surgeons at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, by Max Healthcare Ltd, May 2005.
- Faculty : Global Laparoscopic week at Bhatia Global Hospital, New Delhi, Nov 2006.
- Faculty : Laparoscopic Surgery for HIATUS HERNIA & GERD at AIIMS, New Delhi, Nov 2006.
- Faculty : for 2nd international congress of association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India, held at AMASICON-2007 Hyderabad, 8th -11th Feb, 2007.
- Chairperson for 2nd fellowship course of IAGES (FIAGES) with Live Workshop on Laparoscopic Surgery, held at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, 29th Nov-02nd Dec.
- Faculty : for National Hernia Congress and Live Workshop, (Hernia society of India, National chapter of Asia Pacific Hernia Society) held at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, on 14-16 Dec’ 2007.
- Faculty : for CME on Complications NZ-ASICON CME, 2009 at AIIMS, New Delhi on 23-25′ Jan’2009, Delhi.
- Chairperson for “4th Meeting of International Endohernia Society” on consensus Conference for the development of technical guidelines in Endohernia Surgery, held at Hotel Intercontinental Eros, New Delhi, On February 19-21, 2009.
- Chairperson for “Third AIIMS Surgical Week- ENDOSURG 2009 held at Jawaharlal Auditorium, AIIMS, New Delhi, on Friday 13th Mar – 15th Mar 2009.
- Participated in Advance Live Surgery and Scientific dialogue with Prof. Dr. Reinhard Bittner, FRCS, Bethusa Hernia Repair Centre, Stuttgart, Germany held at New Delhi on July’ 20th 2009.
- Awards for “Pratisht Nagrik Samman” held at Arya Samaj, Karol Bagh, on April, 2007 for charitable services to Society.
- Awards for “IMAAMS Distinguished Service Award” by AMSCON-2007, Annual Conference of IMAAMS, held at USI auditorium, Residency Premises, Rao Tula Ram Marg, New Delhi on 09th dec 2007
- Chairperson for AMSCON-2007 Annual Conference of IMAAMS, held at USI auditorium, Residency Premises, Rao Tula Ram Marg, New Delhi on 09th dec 2007.
- Chairperson for “Diaphragmatic/ Hiatus Hernia” National Hernia Congress and Live Workshop, (Hernia Society of India, National Chapter of Asia Pacific Hernia Society), held at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, on 15th Dec 2007.
Congress Convener – Core Organising Group ASICON – 2010, The Association of Surgeon of India – Dec 15-20, 2010 AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Congress Convener- Core Organising Group ASICON-2010. The Association of Surgeons of India-0Dec15-20, 2010, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Faculty : 9th National Conference and workshop on Minimal Access Surgery (IAGES – New Delhi – 2010).
- Faculty : 5th AIIMS Surgical Week – Endosurg – March 2011 – New Delhi.
EXPOSURE IN LAPAROSCOPY
- Mt. Elizabeth Hospital, Singapore
- With Dr. Mohan Chellapa
- Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai 
- With Dr T.E. Udwadia
- Chiyadu-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- With Dr. D. Hashimoto [July,1997]
- Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York
- Bariatric Surgery
- Practising General Surgery and Urology since 1982.
- Practising Laparoscopy since 1992.
- Proficient in performing
- Lap. Cholecystectomy
- Lap. Appendicectomy
- Lap. Hernia Repair
- Lap. Ectopia Management
- Lap. Ovarion Cystectomy/ Lap. Myomectomy
- Lap. Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Lap. Ureterolithotomy
- Lap. Adrenalectomy
- Lap. Colorectal Surgery
- Lap. Appendicectomy – An Indian Experience
- [ELSA Conference at Bangkok] October 1996.
- Lap. Management of Ectopic Pregnancy
- [IAGES Conference, New Delhi]
- LAVH – A Low complicated hysterectomy
- [IAGES Conference, Hyderabad]
- [Faculty Lecture, Asia Pacific Conference, FEB 1999, New Delhi]
- Textilomas in Modern Era
- ASI Conference, Delhi April 2002
- Panel Discussion on safe Laparoscopy
- ACADIMA, New Delhi Dec.2001
- Panellist for Symposium on ‘Complications of Laparoscopic Surgery’.
- ACADIMA, New Delhi Dec.2002
- Faculty member ‘Endolap Update – Workshop on advanced Laparoscopy in Gynaecology, Jan 2003
- Faculty For Retroperitoneoscopic Urinary Stone Management held at Jaipur Golden Hospital, March 2003.
- National Faculty and Chairperson – Workshop on Laparoscopic Hernia Repair: Controversies and Consensus held at AIIMS, April 2003.
Publication: Safe access in previous abdominal surgery: Novel approach – 9th National Conference and workshop on minimal Access Surgery (IAGES – New Delhi – 2010)
- Publication: Single – incision multi-port laparoscopic appendectomy: How I do it. Journal of Minimal Access Surgery (IAGES – Vol-7 / March 2011)
- Publication: Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt Placement : Single port Laparoscopic technique – 9th National Conference and workshop on Minimal Access Surgery (IAGES – New Delhi – 2010)
- Indian Association of Gastro endoscopic Surgeons (IAGES)
- Endoscopic and Lap. Surgeons of Asia (ELSA)
- Gasless International , Tokyo
- European Association of Endoscopic Surgeons (EAES)
- Association of Surgeons of India.
- Urological Society of India.
- Member Asia Pacific Hernia Society – Minimally Invasive Surgical Centre, National University Hospital – Singapore.
Submit free quote request on the right for considering Laparoscopic Surgery in India by Dr. Vinay Sabharwal and other world class doctors.