Below is the resume of Dr Vijay Bose, M.B.B.S., M.S., M.Ch, FRCS. Dr Bose is a consultant orthopedic surgeon at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai. He has completed his surgical training in several prestigious centers such as the University of Birmingham, University of Liverpool and Intercollegiate Board, UK. He has a rich work experience from several renowned centers in UK and India.
He specializes in hip and shoulder surgery and also serves as the Chief Surgeon of the ARCH Center, (Asian Regional Centrex of Hip Resurfacing) with a clinical experience of more than 1,000 hip resurfacing surgeries This is the highest number of hip resurfacing surgeries by a single doctor in Asia and the fifth highest in the world.
Vijay Bose – CURRICULUM VITAE
- 1989: M.B.B.S., University of Madras
- 1992: M.S. (Orthopedics), University of Mangalore
- 1994: Dip. N.B. (Orth), National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
- 1997: M. Med. Sci (Trauma), University of Birmingham
- 1998: M. Ch. (Orthopedics), University of Liverpool
- 2000: FRCS (Orth), Intercollegiate Board, UK.
- Hip resurfacing
- Shoulder Surgeries
- ‘Lt. Col. Thayumunusamy Gold Medal’ in Orthopedics for the year 1989 from Madras Medical College
- Highest marks in the M.S. Orthopedics examinations for the year 1992 from Mangalore University
GUEST LECTURES AND LIVE SURGERY DEMONSTRATIONS
- October 2006: Lecture on Avascular Necrosis of femoral Head, APAS, Shanghai.
- September 2006: Lecture on Asian experiences in hip resurfacing, Third International Resurfacing Forum, Boston.
- May 2006: Lecture on the role of ASR in AVN and cadaver workshop for the Intelligent Hip Course for surgeons, Bangkok.
- August 2005: Lecture on Hip Resurfacing in AVN & extended indications for hip resurfacing, Asia-Pacific Arthroplasty (APAS) Society meeting, India.
- February 2005: ‘The Birmingham hip’ cadaver workshop, University of New south Wales, Sydney.
PAPERS & PRESENTATIONS
- 21-25 April 2004: Early results of Birmingham hip resurfacing in Avascular necrosis, 6th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Asia-Pacific Arthroplasty Society, Beijing.
- 3 April 2001: Relevance of Metal on metal hip resurfacing in Indian patients, 13th Triennial Congress of the Asia-Pacific Orthopedic Association, Adelaide.