MS, FRCS (UK) MMAS (Masters in Minimal Access Surgery, Scotland) Consultant Gastrointestinal & Laparoscopic Surgeon
Dr. Shabeer Ahmed is highly experienced in the field of Surgical Gastroenterology. He has over 20 years of international experiences and is a renowned senior surgeon in the field of laparoscopy, gastroenterology, and colorectal procedures. Dr. Shabeer did his MBBS from Madras Medical College, Madras, India and MS from Mysore University. After that he trained to be surgeon, for 11 years in the Republic of Ireland.
For nine years he worked as a consultant surgeon in Scotland and UK. He has also great interest in teaching and was chosen as mentor for laparoscopic colorectal surgery by the ALS (Association of Laparoscopic Surgery) UK.
- MBBS, Madras Medical College, Madras
- M.S, Mysore university, Davangere
- F.R.C.S, UK
- MMAS , Dundee, Scotland
Medical Training and experience
- Trained to be a Surgeon in Republic of Ireland – 1992-1997
- Consultant Surgeon in Ireland – 1992-1997
- Research in Minimal Access Surgery
- Consultant Colorectal Surgeon in Scotland – 2002-2004
- Consultant colorectal surgeon in University Hospital, Birmingham, UK – 2004-2006
- Appointed as preceptor in laparoscopic colorectal surgery & Ethicon Endoscopic surgery by Theassociation laprascopic surgeon (ALS) in London – 2005-2006
- Attended all advanced laparoscopic surgical courses in Dundee, Scotland
- Fellowship course in France 2005
- Fellowship course in Germany by Ethicon endo surgery 2005
Dr. Shabeer specializes in Gastroenterology & Laparoscopy. His main areas on interest include Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS), metabolic and bariatric surgery, and robotic surgery.
Submit free quote request on the right for considering treatment byDoctor Shabeer Ahmed and other world class doctors.