Below is the resume of Dr. Oscar Oeding Bermudez from Costa Rica, Orthopedic Surgeon (arthroscopy and joint reconstruction – meniscal repair, knee & hip replacement, hip resurfacing, shoulder surgery, ACL Repair, partial knee replacement). Extensive experience with US, Canada & European Patients (30% of his patients are from international locations). He performs three or four surgeries per day.
Video Interview – Dr. Oscar Oeding Bermudez
Oscar Oeding Bermudez – CURRICULUM VITAE
License no.: 4990
Languages spoken: English, Spanish, French
SPECIALTY: Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- 1984: Bachelor’s degree, Colegio de La Salle, Cartagena, Colombia
- 1984-91: Trained to be a surgeon at Universidad del Norte, Barranquilla, Colombia.
- 13 February 1997: Degree from the University of Costa Rica
- 07 November 1997: Recognized by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Costa Rica
- 12 June 1989 to 11 June 1990: Rotating Internship. Conducted at the University Hospital in Barranquilla, Colombia.
- 1992 to 1996: University of Costa Rica. Title endorsed by San Juan de Dios Hospital, the Insurance Fund Social Development Center Strategic Information and Health and Social Security (CENDEISS) and the Foundation for Studies in Health Sciences (FUCODOCSA).
- 7 November 1997: Recognized by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Costa Rica from Barranquilla, Colombia.
- International Affiliate Member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
NUMBER OF ORTHOPEDIC PROCEDURES PERFORMED
- Arthroscopic Knee (Meniscal Repair) – 340
- ACL Repair – 210
- Total Knee Replacements – 378
- Total Hip Replacements – 495
- Shoulder Surgeries (arthroscopic and open) – 410
- Costa Rica: 64%
- USA: 15%
- South America: 8%
- Canada: 4%
- Other: 8%