Below is the resume of Dr. Aydin M. Arici, one of the world’s top experts in
Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. He practises at Anadolu Medical Center, Turkey, three weeks a month and teaches the other week at the Yale University School of Medicine, USA.
AYDIN M ARICI – CURRICULUM VITAE
Languages: English, French, Turkish
- 1973-79: Istanbul Medical School, Istanbul, Turkey, (M.D.)
- 1969-73: Galatasaray Lyceum, Istanbul, Turkey (B.S.)
- 2000: Executive Management Program for PhysiciansYale University School of Management
- 1990-92: FellowDivision of Reproductive EndocrinologyDepartment of Obstetrics and GynecologyUniversity of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- 1982-86: ResidentDepartment of Obstetrics and GynecologyColumbia University, College of Physicians and SurgeonsHarlem Hospital, New York
- 1980-82: Intern and ResidentDepartment of Obstetrics and GynecologyIstanbul Medical School Hospital
- 1979-80: Specialty student in Obstetrics and GynecologyUniversity of Paris VRene Descartes Medical School
SPECIALTY BOARD CERTIFICATIONS
- 1988: American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- 1995: American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology – Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- 1997: American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology – Recertification
- 2005: American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology – Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility – Examiner
1992 Connecticut; License No. 032262
1990 Texas; License No. H7691
1985 New York; License No. 163347
- 2002-Present: ProfessorDepartment of Obstetrics and GynecologyYale University School of Medicine
- 1999-Present: Chief, Division of ReproductiveEndocrinology and InfertilityDepartment of Obstetrics and GynecologyYale University School of Medicine
- 1999-Present: Director, Oocyte Donation ProgramYale University School of Medicine
- 1998-Present: Director, Reproductive Endocrinology and InfertilityFellowship ProgramDepartment of Obstetrics and GynecologyYale University School of Medicine
- 1993-Present: Director, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss ProgramYale University School of Medicine
- 1987-88: Visiting Clinical InstructorDepartment of Obstetrics and GynecologyIstanbul Medical School
- 1982-86 Visiting Clinical FellowDepartment of Obstetrics and GynecologyColumbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
HONORS, AWARDS, & ACHIEVEMENTS
- 2005: International IVI Foundation Award of The Best Clinical Research Record in Reproductive Medicine
- 2005: The Ferris Prize for Outstanding Yale Medical Student Thesis (Mentor)
- 2005: Listed among the ”Top Doctors: New York Metro Area”, in Castle & Connolly
- 2002: Masters of Arts Privatim, Yale University
- 2002: Society for Gynecologic Investigation President’s Presenter Award (Mentor)
- 1995: American Society for Reproductive Medicine, Prize Paper of the Reproductive Immunology Special Interest Group
- 1986: Achievement of Nationwide highest score in CREOG exam
- 1985: Outstanding Resident in Gynecologic Endoscopy Award of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- 1979: Graduation with High Honors from Istanbul Medical School (Magna Cum Laude)
- 1969-73: Recipient of National Educational Scholarship
- 2004-2005: External Grant Reviewer, Swiss National Science Foundation
- 2004-2005: Interim Council Member, Turkish-American Scientists and Scholars Association
- 2004: Member, International Scientific Committee, 1st International Congress on Reproductive Medicine
- 2003-2005: Member, International Scientific Committee, 13th World Congress on In Vitro Fertilization Assisted Reproduction and Genetics (IVF 2005)
- 1996: Member, International Organizing Committee of the International Gynecology and Obstetrics Congress of Turkish Gynecology Society
- 1986-Present: Member, Board of Trustees, Lokman Hekim Health Foundation, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2005-07: Clinical Director, Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology
- 2005-07: Member, Executive Council of Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology
- 2005: American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Subspecialty Board Examiner
- 2000-01: Member, Clinical Outreach Committee of the Society for the Study of Reproduction
- 2000-Present: Member, Editorial Board of Fertility and Sterility
- 1994-95: Secretary/Treasurer, Reproductive Immunology Special Interest Group, American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- 1994-95: Member, Abstract Committee, American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Diplomate
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Board Examiner
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Fellow
- Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology, Member
- Endometriosis Association, Professional Member
- World Endometriosis Society, Member
- Society for Leukocyte Biology, Member
- Turkish-American Scientists and Scholars Association, Member
- Society of Medical Professional Leaders, Member
- New Haven Obstetrical and Gynecological Society, Member
- Yale Obstetrical and Gynecological Society, Member
- New York Academy of Science
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- New York Gynecological Society
Dr Arici has published more than 200 papers in peer-reviewed scientific journals. Below we mention a few of them:
- Arici, A., W.H. Kutteh, S.J. Chantilis, D.A. Johns, and B.R. Carr: Laparoscopic Removal of Gonads in Women with Abnormal Karyotypes. The Journal of Reproductive Medicine 38:521-525, 1993.
- Arici, A., J.R. Head, P.C. MacDonald and M.L. Casey: Regulation of Interleukin-8 Gene Expression in Human Endometrial Cells in Culture. Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology 94:I95-204, 1993.
- Arici, A., W. Byrd, K. Bradshaw, W.H. Kutteh, P. Marshburn, and B.R. Carr: Evaluation of Clomiphene Citrate and Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Treatment: A Prospective, Randomized, Cross-Over Study During Intrauterine Insemination Cycles. Fertility and Sterility 61:314-318, 1994. Letter to the Editor, Reply and Editorial Comment: Fertility and Sterility 62:896-898, 1994. Abstracted and commented in Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey 49:418-420, 1994; ACOG Current Journal Review 7:30, 1994; Year Book of Infertility and Reproductive Endocrinology 179-181, 1995.
- Marshburn, P.B., A.M. Arici and M.L. Casey: Expression of Transforming Growth Factor-B1 (TGF-1) mRNA and the Modulation of DNA Synthesis by TGF-1 in Human Endometrial Cells. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 170:1152-1158, 1994.
- Kim, A.H., M.D. Keltz, A.M. Arici, M Rosenberg, and D.L. Olive: Dilutional Hyponatremia During Hysteroscopic Myomectomy with Sorbitol/Mannitol Distention Medium. The Journal of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists 2:237-242, 1995.
- Arici, A., P.C. MacDonald, and M.L. Casey: Regulation of Monocyte Chemotactic Protein-1 Gene Expression in Human Endometrial Cells in Culture. Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology 107:189-197, 1995.
- Arici, A., O. Engin, E. Attar, and D.L. Olive: Modulation of Leukemia Inhibitory Factor Gene Expression and Protein Biosynthesis in Human Endometrium. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, 80:1908-1915, 1995.
- Keltz, M.D., H.J. Kliman, A.M. Arici, and D.L. Olive: Endosalpingiosis Found at Laparoscopy for Chronic Pelvic Pain. Fertility and Sterility 64:482-485, 1995.
- Keltz, M.D., L. Peck, S. Liu, A.H. Kim, A. Arici, and D.L. Olive: Large Bowel to Pelvic Sidewall Adhesions Associated with Chronic Pelvic Pain. The Journal of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists 3:55-59, 1995.
- Keltz, M.D., A. Arici, A. Duleba, and D.L. Olive: A Technique for Sonohysterographic Evaluation of the Endometrial Cavity and Tubal Patency. Journal of Gynecologic Techniques 1:213-218, 1995.
Submit free quote request on right for considering fertility treatment by Dr. Aydin M. Arici and other world class doctors.