For people seeking surgical removal of their uterus at a low cost, abdominal hysterectomy in Costa Rica is a smart choice. Costa Rica is one of the healthcare destinations well-known not only for affordable abdominal uterus removal, but also many other high-quality, low-cost medical treatments and cosmetic procedures.
By choosing to undergo abdominal hysterectomy procedure in Costa Rica, patients can enjoy around 50-70% of savings. The availability of quality and low-priced treatments has greatly contributed to the steady growth of medical tourism in Costa Rica through the years.
Overview of Abdominal Hysterectomy
Here’s some useful information for those opting for abdominal hysterectomy surgery in Costa Rica:
- When medications and conventional surgical treatments have failed or are not enough to cure a serious disease affecting the uterine area, removing the uterus may be the only option left. One method for performing this surgery is through an incision in the lower abdomen in a process called abdominal hysterectomy.
- According to the Hysterectomy Association, there were a total of 56,976 hysterectomies performed in the UK National Health Service (NHS) in 2011/2012. More than 35,000 of these were abdominal hysterectomies.
- A partial hysterectomy involves the removal of the fallopian tube and only a portion of the uterus, leaving the ovaries and cervix intact.
- With total hysterectomy, the entire uterus is removed, along with the fallopian tubes and the cervix. Before getting either a partial or total abdominal hysterectomy in Costa Rica, make sure to look for a highly reputed surgeon to do it.
- Those who prefer a minimally-invasive procedure may elect to undergo laparoscopic hysterectomy, in which only small cuts to the abdomen are made. Laparoscopic hysterectomy in Costa Rica is available at a discounted price as well.
- To avoid complications during the recovery period, patients should avoid heavy lifting and strenuous activities, including penetrative sex.
Why Go For Abdominal Hysterectomy in Costa Rica?
- The low cost of total abdominal hysterectomy in Costa Rica owes to the relatively moderate standard and cost of living here. The stiff competition among healthcare providers also contributes to a lot of them offering great discounts to overseas patients. Some of them even offer affordable treatment packages that are inclusive of travel, accommodation, and transportation expenses. Truly a great convenience and a wonderful deal for patients with low budgets!
- Despite the inexpensive abdominal hysterectomy cost in Costa Rica, one receive first-class healthcare services at the JCI-accredited and other well-known hospitals here. It is not uncommon to find doctors in Costa Rica who hold international education, training and certifications from highly-regarded institutions in the US and Europe.
- You may check out a patient’s testimonial on uterus removal in Costa Rica and be amazed by the extent of assistance provided by Medical Tourism Co. to its clients from overseas. A video clip is also available where you can watch a patient share her wonderful story about undergoing hysterectomy surgery in San Jose – Costa Rica with help from Medical Tourism Co.
- Though many healthcare professionals can communicate in English, patients can always request for a language interpreter for further assistance.
- Long waiting times for a medical appointment could be a nightmare. Thankfully, patients don’t have to endure that in Costa Rica.
- Costa Rica is filled with breathtaking tourist destinations that medical tourists can enjoy. However, hysterectomy patients may need to consult their doctor first before making any travel plans in Costa Rica to make sure their health is not compromised.
Patients heading for an abdominal hysterectomy in Costa Rica are advised to have a good support system – relatives and friend – with them throughout the duration of their treatment, and up to the time they return home so they can achieve full recovery in the shortest possible time.
Medical Tourism Corporation facilitates plastic surgery in Costa Rica and many other world class international hospitals. Countries include India, Mexico, Thailand, Costa Rica & more. Fill out the free quote request using the form on this page for more information.