Gastric Sleeve Surgery, Belgium
If you’re interested in obtaining bariatric surgery to lose weight, having gastric sleeve surgery in Belgium could provide an affordable alternative to countries such as the US, Canada, the UK and other European countries. Medical tourism in Belgium has become more popular in recent years as people search for clinical excellence, a good standard of care and state of the art facilities.
Obesity is a growing problem in many developed countries and can result in a number of health problems including type II diabetes, stroke, heart disease, cancer and high blood pressure. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimated that in 2008, around 35% of adults were overweight, and 12% of these were also obese. For those looking to ablate the issues associated with obesity, surgery is an ever popular approach.
With the cost of health care in many developed countries spiraling upwards, choosing to have a vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG) in Belgium may represent a reasonably priced solution to your weight loss concerns.
Why Get Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy in Belgium?
- One of the principle factors in choosing a location for your surgery is the overall affordability of treatment. The patient cost of a gastric sleeve in Belgium is considerably lower than that in many other affluent nations.
- Despite the lower gastric sleeve surgery cost, you needn't expect a decline in standards. Medical facilities in this European country are world class, offering expertise in a wide range of disciplines.
- The levels of post-surgical infection are negligible.
- We work with highly regarded Belgium hospitals, which only employ knowledgeable and well trained medical personnel. Staff is often friendly and professional, meeting the needs of international patients with aplomb.
- Waiting lists are generally shorter in Belgium than in many other developed countries and this makes it easier for medical tourists to book their treatment in a manner that suits their requirements.
- If you're interested in obtaining a free medical tour estimate, you can fill out a no obligation quote form in confidence through our website.
Planning Gastric Sleeve in Belgium? Points to Consider
- Thanks to the advent of modern technology, you can discuss your treatment plan with your surgical team ahead of your trip, ensuring that you understand the procedure in full. This can be particularly advantageous for those who are worried about the recuperation times.
- Remember that your gastric sleeve surgery will require a radical change to your diet. Ask your surgeon for more information about the volumes and types of food that are appropriate following this procedure.
- Make sure you research your planned gastric sleeve bariatric surgery in Belgium prior to travel. A few hours spent looking at patient testimonials and reviews should ensure that you're happy with Belgian doctors and hospital which you've selected for your treatment.
- Belgium is a small European country situated between the Netherlands and France. Travel times to the capital city Brussels are 1-2 hours from the UK (London) or Ireland (Dublin) and around 8 hours from USA (New York) or Canada (Toronto).
- Inexpensive travel arrangements can be made from a variety of different locations and even when you factor in the price of flights and accommodation you can still expect to make savings.
- The Center for Disease Control (CDC) offers information regarding travel to Belgium, which should ensure that your trip is both productive and safe.
- When organizing your gastric sleeve WLS in Belgium, make sure you're in good physical shape and free from any other illnesses.
- The currency of Belgium is the Euro and, although French and Dutch are the predominant national languages, English is also widely spoken.
- Brussels International Airport is located some 8 miles from the city center and transfers can be arranged via the Airport train, coaches or taxis. Buy your train ticket prior to boarding to make extra savings.
- Belgium is a fantastic country for a vacation and many medical tourists also add time to the end of their trip to take advantage of its many attractions. If you plan to visit Belgium, why not go to see the extensive array of fantastic museums, theaters, opera houses, castles and gardens?
If you're considering traveling abroad for weight loss surgery, then Belgium represents an excellent locale. Not only does the country comprise excellent medical facilities and world class doctors, the opportunity to save money makes gastric sleeve surgery in Belgium an affordable option for those looking to combat obesity.
Medical Tourism Corporation facilitates affordable Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Belgium & many other destinations abroad. Fill out the free estimate request form for a free quote & more information.