Gastric Bypass in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Gastric bypass in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico could be an affordable choice for people, who are looking to go under the knife to combat obesity but are not able to do so at their native places because of the high prices of healthcare. Medical tourism allows you to get bariatric procedures abroad for much less than what you would have to pay in the US or Canada.
A Globe and Mail article in March 2011 reported on a US Centers for Disease Control study for obesity in the US and Canada. The study estimated that 34.4% of adults in the US and 24.1% of adults in Canada were considered obese (BMI of 30 and above) between the years 2007 and 2009.
Since bariatric surgeries are beyond the financial means of many, people have started considering weight loss surgery in Mexico, Costa Rica, and other countries.
Low Cost of Gastric Bypass in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- While some people expect that the quality of procedures is sacrificed because of their low prices, this is simply not true. Mexico has a much lower cost of living than the US or Canada, which means most things there are cheaper too.
- Mexico’s lower cost of living also reflects on cheap hotel rates, food, transportation services, and other travel expenses.
- The lower cost of living then extends to their healthcare services, which is why the cost of gastric bypass in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico is also very low.
Planning a Gastric Bypass Surgery Trip to Puerto Vallarta
In planning a gastric bypass trip to Puerto Vallarta, a medical tourist should consider the following important pointers:
- Research about the hospital facilities, and get some information about their popularity among international patients. Some of the best healthcare facilities that engage in medical tourism in Mexico have specialized departments whose staff members are solely assigned to assist international patients.
- Look up the qualifications of the bariatric surgeon. Aside from the usual CV, you can ask for the number of gastric bypass procedures he has performed for medical tourists.
- Ask for patient testimonials. Most bariatric surgeons will also have gastric bypass before and after pictures from their previous patients, many of whom also leave contact details with the hospital with the purpose of possibly sharing their experiences with other medical tourists.
- Their stories about laparoscopic gastric bypass in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico will help you get a clearer picture.
- Mexico Health can assist you find discounted hotel accommodations and free transfers from and to the airport, hotel, and hospital.
Puerto Vallarta Tourism
Some tourists prefer to get gastric bypass in Tijuana, Ciudad Juarez, or other Mexican cities right next to the US. Puerto Vallarta is farther down south compared to these cities, but the prospeMalecon in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
.ct of spending a medical holiday near the beach is what drives medical tourists to this charming coastal town of Mexico.
If planning on spending extra time in Puerto Vallarta for some rest and relaxation, here are a few tips:
- Arrange more strenuous activities like swimming for the days before the procedure, as these will not be allowed right after. Depending on how long you want to stay after your Puerto Vallarta gastric bypass procedure, your surgeon will be able to give you a timeline for activities that you want to do after the surgery.
- The time after the surgery is best spent resting and recovering, so consider renting a beachfront villa if it is in your budget. Some villas have designated staff like chefs, housekeepers, and security guards to make your stay more convenient.
- If time permits, see if you can also take advantage of other affordable procedures while there. Dental tourism in Mexico is also sought-after by international patients because of very low prices, so getting dental checkups, fills, or crowns with local PVR dentists can also save you a lot of money.
For any concerns regarding your gastric bypass in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, we would be glad to help compose an itinerary that allows time for both your medical and holiday needs.
Medical Tourism Corporation facilitates affordable Weight Loss Surgery or Bariatric Surgery at various hospitals in Mexico & many medical tourism destinations abroad. Fill out the free estimate request form for a free quote & more information.