Gastric Bypass in Guadalajara Mexico
Gastric bypass in Guadalajara, Mexico could be of help to overweight people, who cannot bear the costs of bariatric procedures in their native countries. These people can get affordable gastric byass surgery in countries like Mexico, India, etc. The cost of gastric bypass surgery in Mexico could be just about 30-40 percent of that in the United States.
More and more people are flying abroad for gastric sleeve, gastric banding, gastric bypass and other surgical weight loss procedures to avail quick and easy medical help for obesity, wihtout burning a hole in their pocket. Countries like India, Mexcio, Costa Rica allow them to avail quality treatments, at the hands of expert doctors, at highly reduced prices.
Easy and affordable treatment, along with a chance to holiday in the serenity of Latin America, are the major reasons why bariatric surgery in Mexico is a hit among people looking for surgical weight loss.
Cost of Gastric Bypass in Guadalajara: Please submit the quote form on the right for price estimate.
Gastric Bypass Overview
Gastric bypass procedure involves the surgical division of the stomach into two parts - a small upper portion and a much larger lower portion. The so-formed smaller stomach pouch, which is connected to the lower part of intestine, obviously has lesser capacity, so the person feels satiated with less food.
In addition, most of the stomach, upper intestine is bypassed, which results in lesser absorption of calories in the body.
Gastric bypass is a strict surgical procedure meant for those who are seriously troubled by excessive weight, and have failed to shed it with non-surgical weight loss methods. It should not be considered a luxury for the rich, wherein they can dodge the conventional weight-losing methods and get the desired lean body by spending a few thousand bucks.
Alternate names for Gastric Bypass: Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, RNY Surgery, Roux-en-Y gastric bypass procedure (RYGBP), Gastric bypass - Roux-en-Y, Bariatric gastric bypass
Depending upon the patient’s medical condition and preference, the doctor can choose to perform gastric bypass in one of the following two ways:
A large surgical cut (incision) is made to open up the upper part of your belly, and the surgeon directly handles the stomach and intestines to perform the bypass.
4-6 small incisions are made in your belly; through one of those a tiny camera (called laparoscope) is inserted. The other incisions are used to insert thin instruments.
The camera is connected to a video monitor, so the surgeon can see your internal organs, and perform the operation.
Less pain, quicker recovery, smaller scars are some of the advantages of laparoscopic surgeries.
Opting for laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery in Guadalajara can let you have a little extra time to explore the place, as you quickly recover after the surgery.
Are you a candidate for Gastric Bypass Surgery?
Gastroenterologists, endocrinologists, nutritionists, surgeons, psychiatrists and other healthcare experts formed the consensus panel of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), which decided on the criteria to qualify for bariatric procedures
- People with body mass index (BMI) of 40 or above.
- People with BMI 35-40, having significant medical co-morbidities (type 2 diabetes, heart disease, etc.)
Other factors considered before the surgery are:
- Age (ideally, the patient should be between 18-60 years)
- General health of patient,
- Psychological motivation
- Dependency on tobacco and alcohol
Gastric Bypass After Care
The panel also suggested multidisciplinary care for any patient who has undergone bariatric surgery.
Bariatric patients usually need physical, nutritional, behavioral, and psychological monitoring after the surgery, and experts believe that the surgery should serve as a tool, which helps them to make significant changes in their living and adopt healthy lifestyle habits.
Permanent liberation from obesity can only be achieved if the patient is willing to take on healthy eating and exercise habits.
Gastric Bypass: Pros and Cons
According to the American Society of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery, better weight loss can be achieved with gastric bypass surgery than with purely restrictive procedures.
Other Advantages of RYGBP:
- The incidence of protein-calorie malnutrition and diarrhea is lower
- Weight-related comorbidities are swiftly resolved
- Appetite is reduced
Like with any other surgery, there can be several complications of gastric bypass surgery:
- Infection of the surgery wound
- Hemorrhage (excessive blood loss)
- Roux-Y obstruction
- Anastomotic Leak (leakage at the point of connection of the stomach and intestine)
Vitamin B12 deficiency, Calcium deficiency, and anemia are reported in some cases.
Some patients may also be troubled by marginal ulcers, stomal stenosis (narrowing of the the junction between stomach pouch and intestine, which leads to persistent vomiting),
Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass in Guadalajara Hospital
- Guadalajara hospital offering Gastric Bypass surgery is a highly specialized medical center.
- The proudly Mexican organization offers treatments that are at par with the U.S. standards.
- The hospital works with a prestigious U.S. consulting firm to make sure that it meets the highest patient safety standards.
- Expert doctors and well-trained paramedical staff
Traveling to Guadalajara for Gastric Bypass Surgery
- US citizens must carry a passport and other valid travel documents while traveling by air, outside of United States.
- Visa or tourist card is not required for tourist stays of 72 hours or less within “the border zone,” which is the area of 20 to 30 kilometers from the U.S. border, depending on the location.
- Beyond the border zone, U.S. citizens must pay a fee to obtain a tourist card, also called an FM-T.
- A tourist card is required as Guadalajara is quite far from the U.S.-Mexico border; the card can easily be obtained on arrival at the airport.
Things to do in Guadalajara
- Guadalajara has plenty of entertainment options for its tourists. The historic city with a modern appeal can easily charm any traveler.
- You may use buses, taxis or subway to get around in Guadalajara
- For the ones keen to explore their culture, there is a plethora of festivals and revelry throughout the year.
- Visit the Guadalajara Cathedral, which is an eclectic mix of gothic, neoclassical and palladian architecture.
- With the Cathedral at the center, four plazas form a cross, where you can stroll around.
- The city’s intriguing past can be viewed in its museums like Museo Paleontologia de Guadalajara, Museo Regional de Guadalajara, Museo de la Ciudad.
- You may catch bullfights every Sunday at 4.30pm at Plaza de Toros(Bull ring).
- Get a taste of the real tequila. Drive, take a bus, or take the tequila Express to the beautiful countryside and indulge in the fun atmosphere with tequila shots and casually wandering mariachis.
- Guadalajara also serves as a getaway to other great destinations, like Puerto Vallarta and Ajijic, a popular retirement place for American & Canadians. Ajijic is next to Lake Chapala, Mexico's largest fresh water lake.
Tourist safety in Guadalajara
- Though it is a safe place, tourists must exercise caution against petty crimes like purse snatching.
- Busy places like outdoor restaurants are the common targets of criminals, so be extra careful when in such places
- Mexican police strictly deals with people carrying illegal substances; be careful not do anything against the law
- Food vendors have a tendency to rip off foreign tourists. To avoid an unreasonably inflated bill, make sure you ask for the cost before buying anything from street food vendors.
Why Guadalajara for Gastric Bypass?
Weight loss surgery in Mexico is being opted by many medical tourists, because of some obvious advantages. Some benefits of getting RNY in Guadalajara are:
- The prices of gastric bypass in Guadalajara are significantly lower than that in the United States, Canada, and many other countries.
- Close proximity to the U.S. is an added advantage for American citizens.
- Many doctors here are U.S. trained. Bariatric surgeons in Guadalajara frequently attend training programs and conferences in the U.S., meaning they are updated with the latest in the field.
- State of the art hospitals in Guadalajara provide services that match the best standards in the world.
Weight loss surgery in Guadalajara could be a wise choice for people who are bothered by obesity, but cannot afford bariatric surgery back home.
Medical Tourism Corporation facilitates affordable Weight Loss Surgery or Bariatric Surgery at various hospitals in Mexico & many other world class destinations abroad. Fill out the free estimate request form for a free quote & more information.