Special Packages Starting from $3,899. Gastric Sleeve ~ $3,899. Gastric Plication ~ $4,300. Gastric Bypass ~ $5,990. Lap Band Surgery ~ $5,250. Free Pick-up and Drop. Free Hotel Stay in Tijuana and Cancun*. Pre- and Post-ops Included. Visa and Passport Expedience. Credit cards accepted.
*All-inclusive package for gastric sleeve in Tijuana valid till March 31, 2015. We would advise you to fill our online quote form to know the latest bariatric surgery prices and specials.
The cost of medical care in countries like U.S. is very high. Moreover, many weight loss surgeries are not covered by insurance. Low cost of healthcare and easy approachability from the US are the two factors which make Mexico a popular destination for medical tourists looking to combat obesity surgically without spending a fortune. The average cost of weight loss surgery in Mexico could be 50% less than that in US, even after adding the traveling expenses.
Medical Tourism Corporation brings you weight loss surgical procedures for only a fraction of the US prices in the following Mexican cities:
- Tijuana, Baja California (located very close to San Diego, CA)
- Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua (located very close to El Paso)
- Mexicali, Baja California
- Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco
- Guadalajara, Jalisco
- Cancun, Quintana Roo
Bariatric Procedures – Our Services
- Also called laparoscopic banding, lap band, or gastric band
- Minimally invasive
- Involves the placement of a band to separate the upper part of the stomach, creating a pouch
- Limits the entry of food into the stomach
- Creates a “full” feeling to a person, so food intake is also limited
- Very fast recovery time, Americans who go to Mexico for lap band procedures usually travel back to the United States after a day or two (if no other tourist activities are scheduled)
There are two gastric bypass surgery procedures available:
1) Traditional gastric bypass surgery:
- Requires general anesthesia
- The surgeon makes a large surgical cut (around 9inches) on the patient’s belly and will directly handle your stomach, small intestines, and other digestive organs
- In Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (the most common form), a smaller pouch is created out of the stomach using staples, and it is then connected directly to the farthest part of the small intestine. The upper part of the small intestine is reattached in a Y-shaped design.
2) Laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery:
- The surgeon makes several tiny cuts (4-6 incisions). A laparoscope that has a tiny camera mounted can be inserted into one of them, and other thin instruments are inserted into the other incisions
- This is ideal for lesser pain and scarring issues
However, laparoscopic bypass surgery is not safe for people when:
- There is abdominal surgery history
- They have severe lung and heart diseases
- Their weight is more than 350 pounds
Also called sleeve gastrectomy, this procedure is offered by various weight loss surgery centers in Mexico.
- Does not involve cutting and reconnecting the small intestine
- Involves the removal of a large part of the stomach, leaving it about 25% of the original size
- Usually recommended for patients with severe obesity issues (40BMI or higher)
- A much simpler procedure than gastric bypass
- Fills or adjustments are not required like in the gastric band
- Does not require a band inside the belly or a port
Hospitals We Work With
We facilitate bariatric surgery such as lap band, gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy and other weight loss surgeries across Mexico’s leading hospitals. Here is a brief overview of their features to help you decide on your pick:
- Tijuana: This hospital is located only about 20 miles from the San Diego International Airport (IATA code: SAN), and features:
- Well-appointed patient rooms
- Bilingual staff
- Only accredited hospital to have a medical tourism certification issued by the state of Baja California
- Over 20,000 successful bariatric procedures performed in a span of 20 years
- Private patient rooms (subject to availability)
- Free Wi-Fi Internet
- Amenities such as cable TV, housekeeper, night nurse, and pharmacy access
- Free San Diego airport pick-up and drop
- Cancun: Our network medical facility in Cancun is only about half an hour away from the international airport and features:
- Well-furnished patient rooms and suites
- 24-hour emergency service
- 24*7 Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- State-of-the-art imaging technology
- Puerto Vallarta: This hospital has a successful track-record of over 31 years. Here is an overview of the hospital:
- Intensive Care Unit
- 24-hour emergency room
- Water filtration system
- Full electricity back-up
- Special air purification system
- Well appointed private suites
- Mexicali: We work with a state-of-the-art hospital here which is located only a stone’s throw away from the border crossing. We’ve outlined its features and facilities as follows:
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Testing lab within the premises
- In-house pharmacy
- State-of-the-art imaging center
- Free wireless Internet access
Who will perform Your Weight Loss Surgery?
We work with leading surgeons to facilitate your low cost bariatric surgery in Mexico. Here is a sneak-peak into the profile of our network weight loss surgeon in Tijuana.
- Has performed more than a thousand weight loss surgeries
- Trained under one of the top ten bariatric surgeons in the world
- Over five years of experience
- Participant in Xlll Congreso Nacional De Cirugia Endoscopica
Click here to read his credentials in detail.
Complimentary Shuttle Services
We provide gratis ground transportation from the following pick-up points:
- Cancun International Airport (IATA: CUN)
- Puerto Vallarta International Airport (IATA: PVR)
- Guadalajara International Airport (IATA: GDL)
- San Diego International Airport or any hotel in San Diego close to the border or the airport (for Tijuana)
Free Hotel Stay
Get free accommodation (applicable for weight loss surgery in Tijuana and Cancun) at the following hotels:
- Stay of 2 nights at Hotel Ticuan in Tijuana (additional charge of $55 per night applicable for accompanying guest)
- Stay of 1 night at B2B Hotel in Cancun (applicable for gastric sleeve, plication, lap band and gastric bypass surgery)
We also arrange for hotel stay at special tariffs exclusively ear-marked for our customers at Hotel Casa Marriott, Golden Crown Paradise, and Hotel Vamar in Puerto Vallarta.
Benefits of Choosing Mexico for Weight Loss Surgery
- Cost of lap banding, bypass and VSG in Mexico is almost 70% lower than prices charged in the United States.
- Mexico’s culture is quite akin to that of the United States.
- Since the country borders the United States, getting there is quite easy.
- Most of the Mexican border towns are not very far from airports on the American side. Tijuana, for example, is only 20 minutes from the San Diego International Airport (IATA: SAN).
- You can rest your fear regarding language barriers as the medical staff we work with is English-speaking.
- Scheduling your surgery at a time convenient to you should not worry you as waiting lists are almost non-existent here.
What Others have to Say about Us
Here are snippets from the written testimonial of Wenatchee, WA resident Kelly Goncalves who chose MTC to facilitate her hassle-free gastric sleeve surgery in the Mexican border city of Tijuana.
“…I feel this was the best decision I have ever made… I loved that you called once, and gave me the information and let me decide… You were way more professional, and had great reviews…Thank you for helping me on my journey…”
Click here to view more reviews on bariatric surgery in Mexico.
Challenges Encountered by Medical Tourists Abroad
As with other things, there are some challenges when going to Mexico for bariatric surgery. Here are some of them:
- Travelling can be hard for a patient who just underwent a surgery.
- Money matters are best settled through cashier’s checks or credit cards, as large values of cash are not recommended to be brought.
- Going to a different country and city means having to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation.
- It will be hard to go back every time a patient is due for follow up checks.
Tips for Medical Tourists to Mexico
To address the issues above, here are some pieces of advice for those travelling to Mexico for their medical trip:
- Look up the credentials of the hospital and surgeons you will be working with. Some patients even go as far as asking for references – talking to previous patients and asking them about their experiences.
- To settle accounts quickly and get help with accommodations and transport packages, contact a good medical tourism agency.
- Bring someone with you to assist you throughout the journey, especially during the travel.
- Ask for medical reports and records from the surgeon; you can use these to update your local doctor about your situation, and get necessary follow up checks in your home country instead.
- Share your experience with others. After getting a weight loss surgery in Mexico, you may help others considering the same journey, by sharing your personal experience with them. With your help, other people with obesity problems may be guided by your first-hand experience in order to formulate correct decisions of their own.
Obesity can complicate your life, and may give rise to other health issues like:
- Menstrual disorders
- Hormonal problems
- Fatty liver disease
- Erectile dysfunction
You can look into the option of weight loss surgery, if conventional means of weight loss such as diet control and exercising have not helped you lose the additional pounds.
Fill out the free estimate request form for a free quote & more information on Bariatric Surgery in Mexico.