GASTRIC SLEEVE @ $3,899 only*
Banish obesity and pay only about a third of the US prices by opting for gastric sleeve surgery in Tijuana, a Mexican border city. The low cost of gastric sleeve surgery in the hospital we work with here has enabled multitudes of American and Canadian citizens to not only avail the procedure that can help them embark on a journey to good health, but also save thousands of dollars.
How much would Gastric Sleeve Cost in Mexico?
- Our gastric sleeve package costs for Tijuana begin from $3,899*.
- Please note that the prices are subject to change and may vary according to the requirements in your case.
- We recommend that you fill in the form on the right to know the latest prices and to let us get back to you with the details you need.
*This is a limited-time special all-inclusive package price valid till March 31, 2015. For more details and current specials, contact us through our quote-form.
About the Hospital
Medical Tourism Co. works with a reputable hospital to provide quality and affordable stomach sleeve surgery in the Mexican border town of Tijuana. This hospital is only about 20 miles from the San Diego International Airport and features life support system for emergencies. The hospital receives a sizeable number of American and Canadian primarily because of quality care provided by it and its favorable location close to the border. Some of the hospital features are as follows:
- Bilingual staff
- Direct phone calls to the US
- Availability of private patient rooms
- Gratis wireless Internet
- Cable TV
- Personal nursing
- 24-hour security and surveillance
- Pharmacy available
- Free ground transportation (San Diego airport-hotel-hospital)
- Housekeeper and night nurses
- Fully laden kitchen to take care of your special dietary needs
- Security safe to keep your valuables
And many other amenities.
Profile of Weight Loss Surgeon We Work with
We always strive for providing quality services to our clients, and in this endeavor work with only the best of the names in the field of bariatric surgery. Below is a sneak-peek into the credentials of our LEAD gastric sleeve surgeon in Tijuana:
- Experience of treating hundreds of obesity patients
- Participated in several post-doctoral training programs
- Medical affiliation with the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity (IFSO), the Mexican Society of Obesity Surgery, and the Mexican Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Laparoscopic surgery and endoscopy (1992)
Complimentary Pick-up Services
We can arrange for free ground transportation from the San Diego International Airport (Airport Code: SAN), and also provide free transportation between the hospital and the hotel.
Your Typical Surgery Schedule
- Day 1 – Arrival in San Diego. Get picked from the San Diego Internation Airport (pick-up times – 9 am, 12 pm, 3 pm, and 7 pm).
- Day 2 – Day of surgery. Stay in the hospital the night after surgery.
- Day 3 – Stay at Hotel Ticuan.
- Day 4 – Stay at Hotel Ticuan.
- Day 5 – Departure (please note that the medical line at the border does not open until 10 am).
Why Choose Tijuana for Stomach Sleeve Surgery?
Here are the benefits of choosing to have gastric sleeve in Mexico in Tijuana:
- You enjoy big savings.
- You can also cut down on travel expenses and time – Tij is only 17 miles from San Diego.
- The border town is quite Americanized, so you won’t be in for any culture shocks.
- Language barriers are minimal.
- Because of virtually absent waiting times, you won’t face any scheduling problems.
Testimonials and Reviews
Watch video interview of Victoria from LA, California about her gastric sleeve weight loss surgery experience in the Mexican state of Baja California.
Victoria used the services of Medical Tourism Corporation for facilitating her surgery. She went to the clinic to check out the facility with her mother before making the actual decision and was comfortable with the cleanliness and the doctors answers to her queries.
Medical Tourism Corporation hopes this video will help you select the right medical hospital for gastric sleeve weight loss surgery.
What is Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
- Sleeve gastrectomy, an alternative term for the surgery, involves reduction of the stomach to around a quarter of its original size.
- The larger portion of the stomach is removed and the open edges are stitched together to form a thin “sleeve.”
- This is an irreversible operation.
- One of the major benefits of gastric sleeve over other weight loss surgeries is that the removed portion of the stomach no longer produces the hunger causing hormone ghrelin. This makes it easier to follow the recommended diet after the surgery.
Useful Information on Tijuana
- Thousands of tourists enter the Mexican border town via the road-crossing at San Ysidro, making it the busiest border crossing in the world.
- American and Canadian citizens need a valid passport or passport card to enter Mexico.
- A bus ride into the city should cost you under $10. If you choose to drive up to the border, you may park your car in one of the U.S. parking lots, which charge $6-$10 for a day.
- Should you choose to cross into Mexico in your own car, make sure you get Mexican auto insurance because the U.S. policies will not cover any accidents on the other side of the border.
- The city is served by its own international airport (IATA: TIJ). While most people from other parts of the U.S. choose to fly down to San Diego and then take the road to TJ, there are some who prefer to take direct flights to the Mexican city.
- The Pacific coastal location of the city helps it enjoy a moderate climate for most part of the year, and if you find you have some extra time before your weight loss gastric sleeve in Tijuana, you may use it to explore the intriguing Mexican city.
Handy Tips for Medical Tourists
Let’s assume you’ve made up your mind to travel to Tijuana for vertical sleeve gastrectomy; here are few things that you should do before you hit the road:
1. Never travel alone. Bring your spouse, sibling, cousin or a friend along. You’d be needing some reassurance in a foreign land no matter how cosmopolitan the country may be. Sometimes, if you’re on a tight schedule and recovery under the watchful eye of the experts is not possible on account of your early departure from the country, two ears are better than one to ensure that you don’t forget post-operative diet plans and other instructions.
2. Prepare a checklist. Packed your medical reports? Is documentation in place? Are you carrying proper clothes as per the border town’s weather (this is important because you’d be needing different fit clothes post-surgery.)? There are hundreds of things that you need to consider before you travel.
3. Check new updates from State Department. The conditions on the ground keep on changing. Check the State Department website for any new updates on crime and violence in Mexico.
4. Learn some Spanish. Spanish is fun to learn and would help you get by quickly through the situations. It goes without saying, you should know a little more than “Hola” and “Adios” to save yourself from getting conned. Perhaps a well executed phrase, such as, “¿Puedes llevarme al hotel,” may put you at ease and endear you instantly to a cab driver. Some of the other Spanish words/phrases you could make good use of are:
- Yes – Si
- No – No
- Please – Por Favor
- Sorry – Lo Siento
- Excuse Me – Disculpe
- Help – Socorro
- How much is this – Cuanto cuesta esto?
- Do you speak English – Habla usted ingles?
5. Explore. This is the most important part of your medical travel. Your medical travel shouldn’t only be about getting to Tijuana, having your gastric sleeve, and then flying back. While you’re in foreign land, explore it like the early Conquistas. Watch out for “gringo friendly”—a term describing places where communicating in English isn’t a problem—restaurants, shops, and hangouts. A non-gringo friendly place doesn’t imply that it’d be hostile towards the guests. It just means you need to be a little more patient. US dollars are widely accepted; you should carry some Pesos to be safe. Don’t forget to visit Preparatoria Federal Lazaro Cardenas and Avenida Revolucion.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on gastric sleeve in Tijuana.