Contact us for the latest specials.
Lowest price package for $3,899*
All-inclusive package for $4,999
(including round-trip airfare)
Best deal package for $4,088
(airfare not included)
A quick search of the average gastric sleeve cost on the Internet throws up some startling figures —the procedure can cost anything from $12,000 to $25,000 across the United States. However, those up for taking a quick jaunt across the border to have gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico can save about 70% over the American prices.
*Airfare not included.
What’s Included in the Package?
- Airport Pickup and Drop
- Pre and post op consultation with the doctor
- Hotel Stay:
- Tijuana: FREE two-night stay after hospital discharge (if required)
- Cancun: FREE stay for one night before the surgery
- Puerto Vallarta: FREE two-night hotel stay
- Medications required during the hospital stay
Our all-inclusive gastric sleeve package for Tijuana costs $4,999 and includes round-trip airfare anywhere from the US and Canada.
Typical Surgery Schedule
- Day 1 - Fly into your destination
- Day 2 - Have your surgery at the hospital
- Day 3 - Post-op tests (blue dye, x-ray, etc.); discharge from hospital and stay at the hotel
- Day 4 - Departure
Guide to Gastric Sleeve
Why is it called a gastric “sleeve”?
Simply because the truncated stomach (which is almost one-fourth the size of the original stomach resembles a tube or a banana or a sleeve.
Can the results of the surgery be undone?
No, the procedure is irreversible.
Is the surgery minimally invasive?
Yes, the surgery is performed laparoscopically and is hence minimally invasive.
What about the efficacy of the procedure?
We will quote a study by Matthew Yi-Chih Lin and colleagues which was presented at the 29th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) held in San Diego, CA, from June 17 to 22, 2012. The subjects of the study reportedly lost over 66 percent of their excess weight in a period of 24 months after the surgery.
Why prefer it to other bariatric procedures, such as lap band or gastric bypass?
Because it doesn’t involve –
- Malabsorption of nutrients as in the case of gastric bypass
- Insertion of a foreign device as in the case of lap band
Are there any risks involved?
Yes, the potential risks of the surgery are –
- Blood clotting, infection of the sutures, blood loss
- Injury to the stomach
- Stomach leakage
- Rejection of Sutures
- Gastric or intestinal obstruction
Is it known by any other name?
Plenty of them, namely –
- Vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG)
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Gastric Reduction
- Logitudinal Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Parietal Gastrectomy
- Greater Curvature Gastrectomy
VSG Surgery: Mexico Vs. USA
- Self Pay Cost comparison: Pay almost $25,000 for the surgery in the United States. Compare this with our package prices for Mexican cities beginning from $3,999.
- Waiting times: Almost non-existing in Mexico.
- Communication problems: None in the United States, of course. No language problems in the hospitals we work with as well as these are staffed with English-speaking medical professionals.
Low Cost Gastric Sleeve Surgery – What About Quality?
We often associate lower price with compromises being made on the quality front. Potential medical tourists will be glad to know that the hallmark of Mexico’s booming medical tourism industry is value-for-money quality care. For a price that you can term as a “pittance” when compared to the arm and leg costing procedure in the USA, medical care in Mexico is comparable to that in the hospitals of the developed countries of the West.
To enhance the experience of our clients, we have partnered with a number of renowned hospitals and clinics throughout the major Mexican cities. We’ve compiled the highlights of our network hospitals and clinics.
Our Network Hospitals for Weight Loss Surgery
- Located only a few minutes from the US-Mexico border
- Closest American airport, the San Diego International Airport (IATA Code: SAN) is just 20 miles away
- Bilingual staff
- The only accredited hospital to have official certification in medical tourism issued by the state of Baja California
- 24/7 patient liaison officer
- Free Wireless Internet
- Phone calls to the USA
- Well appointed private patient rooms
- Access to a pharmacy
- Nursing staff including night nurses
- Security vault for the safety of your valuables
- Member of the Medical Tourism Association (MTA)
- First hospital in Mexico to specialize in medical tourism as per guidelines for hospitals in the USA
- Bilingual staff
- 24*7 emergency unit
- Intensive care unit
- In-house laboratory and digitized imaging equipment
In Puerto Vallarta
- Has been serving patients for about 30 years
- State-of-the-art hospitalization area
- In-house clinical laboratory
- Adult intensive care therapy unit
- Has infrastructure for Radiology, Imaging, X-rays, Fluoroscopy, CT, Helicoidal, Computed Tomography, Magnetic Resonance and Ultrasound
We are also associated with leading, state-of-the-art hospitals in Guadalajara and Mexicali. Based on your locational preference, we can arrange for your sleeve gastrectomy surgery in any of our network hospitals and bariatric surgery clinics spread across Mexico.
Our Network Surgeons for Gastric Sleeve Surgery
We also have a number of reputable bariatric surgeons under our network in Mexico. Their medical credentials and experience rival the best in the United States and Canada. We have listed the credentials of a couple of our connected bariatric surgeons here:
- Has performed hundreds of bariatric surgeries since 2009
- Is well conversant in English
- Undergone numerous post-doctoral training programs
- Member of the Mexican Association of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Disorders
- Participated in the 13th National Congress of Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Diseases held in Ensenada
- Participated in the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO) held in Los Angeles, California in 2010
- Was an assistant in the XIII World Congress of Endoscopic Surgery held in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico from April 23-27, 2012
Another weight loss surgeon under our network who practices in Tijuana:
- Is one of the most experienced bariatric surgeons in Tijuana and holds the distinction of performing more than 1,300 bariatric surgeries
- Is certified by the Allergan LAP-BAND system
- Also holds gastric banding certifications from Johnson & Johnson and Helioscope
- Has participated in several post-doctoral training programs
Click here to read more on his profile.
Useful Language Tips for Tourists
Spanish is the lingua franca of Mexico. Though the doctors under our network are English-speaking, you might face some communication problems when out on the street. To avoid any language barriers, you can keep a list of the following important Spanish words/phrases handy:
|How much is this?||Cuánto cuesta esto|
|Do you speak English?||Habla inglés?|
|I don’t speak Spanish||No hablo español|
|Where is….||Dónde está…|
|I do not understand||No comprendo|
|We are thirsty||Tenemos sed|
|Where is…||¿Dónde está…?|
- American and Canadian citizens need valid passports to enter Mexico.
- All non-Mexican citizens are required to obtain FMM, FM2, FM3 or FME to travel beyond the 20-30 km border zone.
- US citizens are allowed a stay of less than 72 hours without a visa provided they stay within 20-30 km from the border.
- Tourists who wish to travel beyond the border zone in their own vehicles need to obtain a vehicular import permit first.
- American citizens are advised to register with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program for the latest security and travel alerts. They can even download its iPhone app.
The option of gastric sleeve in Mexico can be contemplated by those looking to combat obesity effectively without burning a hole in their pocket.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Mexico.