Same Day or Immediate Load Dental Implants procedureÂ in Costa RicaÂ attracts a lot of people from abroad who are looking for quality low cost artificial teeth implants, and for very strong reasons. Dental tourism Costa Rica is long established and affordable. Hence, even if it’s a single dental implant that you need, Costa Rica is the ideal destination for many reasons.
But before we come to that, let’s see where and how same day dental implants score over their traditional counterparts:
Same Day/Immediate Load Dental Implants Vs. Traditional Implants
Same Day/Immediate Load Dental Implants are:
- Quick and convenient: A titanium post is inserted, on which a temporary tooth/crown is placed. Usually the process takes about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Osseo integration is quick and in 5 days you have your permanent crown in place.
- The Immediate Load Dental implant can be set at an angle, if need be, and removes the need for bone grafting.
Traditional implants are:
- Time-consuming and inconvenient: Traditional implants consists of the following steps:
- First surgery: the jaw bone is exposed and a 4mm titanium post inserted. Waiting time of about 2 to 6 months until the bone grows around the post.
- Second surgery: the tip of the post is exposed and crown attached. If a bone graft is needed, another surgery is done to insert the titanium post adding another 4 to 8 months of healing time. This is very common as traditional implants can only be inserted vertically.
Same Day/Immediate Load Dental Implants Vs. Dentures
Same Day/Immediate Load Dental Implants look and feel genuine: Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth! Since dental implants integrate into the structure of your bone, they prevent bone loss and gum recession that often accompany bridgework and dentures.
Dentures look and feel artificial: Even if you can sometimes fool people with dentures (though not always), they definitely don’t feel like your own teeth.
Same Day/Immediate Load Implants Vs. Bridging
Same Day/Immediate Load Implants preserve teeth: Dental implants do not require that the adjacent teeth be altered in any way. Hence, your healthy teeth are left untouched, which is a significant long-term benefit.
Bridging affects adjacent teeth: In bridgework, some cutting of the adjacent teeth may be required.
Although dental implants are a better option than dental bridges, they may not suit everyone. In such circumstances, in place of the same day dental implant in Costa Rica, you can consider dental bridges that cost an affordable $400 for a full set.
How much do Same Day Dental Implants cost in Costa Rica?
The cost can vary a lot depending on if you want just one implant or many and also depending on where you get it done. In the US and Canada, it could cost anywhere between $2,000 – $4,000. But the same cost can drop drastically to a starting price of $675, if the procedure is done in Costa Rica.
Why get Immediate Load implants done in Costa Rica?
- Huge savings of about 50-60%;
- Proximity to US and Canada. Hence, you spend minimum time and money on travel;
- The established reputation of Costa Rica’s hospitals. The low cost of treatment doesn’t mean a compromise of any sort in the quality of medical care. Costa Rica’s increasing popularity with medical tourists is proof of its high standards;
- Costa Rica is so beautiful, it would be a shame to come away without getting a taste of the ‘Pura Vida’ or ‘pure life’. As your dental procedure doesn’t take more than a day, you can easily combine this medical trip with some pleasure. On the whole, it’ll be a wallet-friendly experience worth remembering.
How to get to Costa Rica?
Costa Rica is easily accessible by air. All major US and Canadian airlines fly to Costa Rica. Prices of tickets can vary between $400-800, but can drop in low season. US and Canadian citizens need valid passports to go to Costa Rica.
Getting your Same Day/Immediate Load Dental Implant done in Costa Rica is may be the most affordable way to bring the confidence back in your smile.
(Same Day Implant system traces its history to Dr. Per Ingvar Branemark’s pioneering work on dental implants. The implants are now manufactured by a number of companies like Nobel Biocare, Straumann, Biohorizons, etc.)
Dental Care Resources: