Cost of Knee Replacement in Mexico
Our package costs for knee replacement in Mexico are as follows:
In Ciudad Juarez (package price for private suite):
- Unilateral knee replacement: $10,000 (includes 3-day hospital stay)
- Bilateral knee replacement: $17,500 (includes 7-day hospital stay)
In Tijuana (includes 3-day hospital stay) – one side: $8,925
In Puerto Vallarta – $10,000 to $12,000
These prices are subject to change. We advise you to fill our online quote form for the latest prices and specials.
- Ciudad Juarez – Complimentary ground transportation from El Paso, Texas, US airport to the hospital
- Puerto Vallarta – Free pick-up from the PVR Airport
- Tijuana – Free pick-up from the San Diego airport or any hotel close to the border or the airport
Features of Our Network Hospitals in Mexico
We have enlisted the features of and facilities at our network hospitals across the major Mexican cities here.
We facilitate knee replacements at a leading hospital in Ciudad Juarez which is part of the largest private hospital chain in Mexico.
- Hospital is located only 20 minutes from El Paso, Texas, USA.
- Fully integrated with Intensive Care Unit, blood bank, emergency center, own pharmacy, helicopter landing zone and more.
- Dedicated English-speaking staff for patients from the US, the UK and Canada.
- All doctors practicing at the hospital are board-certified.
We facilitate affordable knee replacement at a leading surgery center in Tijuana. This self-contained state-of-the-art clinic is conveniently located only 20 minutes from the San Diego International Airport (IATA: SAN), California, USA
Here is a brief overview of one of our network hospitals in Puerto Vallarta.
- Located only a few minutes from the PVR airport (Licenciado Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport)
- All doctors are board-certified
- Special water purification system
- Air filtration system in rooms, ICU and OTs
- Electricity backup
- Availability of an English-speaking doctor on a 24-hour basis
- Well appointed private suites, with provision to accommodate one accompanying guest
Credentials of Our Network Orthopedic Surgeons
We constantly endeavor to provide high level of patient care rivaling that in the United States and other developed countries of the world. In our quest for excellence, we have networked with highly experienced and competent board-certified orthopedic surgeons in the North American country.
We have summarized the credentials of our network surgeon in Tijuana here.
- Education from the National University – Mexico City (from Faculty of Medicine)
- Over 30 years of experience in practicing orthopedics
- International member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Active member of the Mexican Society of Orthopedics
- Regularly attends two or three meetings in the United States on orthopedics
Click here for more information.
Here is the the profile of a board-certified orthopedic surgeon in Puerto Vallarta whom we are associated with.
- Training and experience of working in Mexico, Germany and the United States
- Post graduation work in Texas and Germany
- Specializes in joint replacements
- Performs procedures using techniques accepted by the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons and international federations, such as the European Association of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Uses prostheses flown in from the United States or Germany
You can view this doctor’s video here.
Benefits of Traveling to Mexico for Your Surgery
Why choose Mexico for your knee replacement surgery? We’ve compiled a list of the advantages of doing so -
- Substantial savings (expect to pay as high as $45,000 in the US for your surgery).
- The country is culturally quite “American”.
- Some of the Mexican cities such as Tijuana and Puerto Vallarta are frequently visited by Americans. Hence, you won’t feel like a fish out of water here.
- Getting here is easy. The major cities of the country are connected to the US and Canada with regular flights.
- If you choose a border town for your knee replacement, getting to your hospital would be a matter of driving a few blocks from the port of entry.
- Language barriers are minimal.
- You won’t face any waiting times to schedule your surgery.
Knee Replacement Procedure Explained
- Knee replacement involves interchanging those portions of the knee joint which bear weight with an artificial joint.
- This is done to alleviate one’s condition from pain suffered in the course of normal routine activities and even at rest.
- Knee replacements are performed in people suffering from –
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthrtitis
- Candidates are recommended a total or a partial knee replacement depending on the extent of their problem.
Preparing for Your Surgery
- You will be advised to perform motion exercises and knee strengthening activities on a daily basis.
- One month prior to your surgery, you will be asked to take iron supplements to increase hemoglobin levels in your blood.
- You will have to get some safety features at your house changed, such as making provisions for elevated toilet seat and a bench/chair for taking a shower.
- Make sure you don’t eat or drink anything after the midnight preceding your surgery.
- Make sure you do the exercises recommended by your doctor.
- Avoid the temptation to support your knee with a pillow when sleeping. Doing so can bend your knee permanently.
- Avoid kneeling on your replaced knee till the time your surgeons permits you to.
- Alleviate swelling with ice packs.
- Avoid extreme activities, such as bicycling or skiing.
Substantially lower costs, state-of-the-art facilities and ease of traveling due to shorter distances make knee replacement in Mexico a suitable alternative to booking your procedure in a more affluent country.
Fill the estimate form to your right for more information and a FREE quote.