According to the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, in 2010 over 100,000 people underwent surgical hair transplant in the United States. This figure makes up approximately 36 percent of the total number of patients receiving surgical hair transplants in the world.
The number of Americans and Westerners who received hair transplants in India and other Asian countries totals around 92,000. Many of these patients are medical tourists seeking out a more affordable option, because hair transplant prices in India are often much less than they are in the West.
Hair Transplantation in India
- Hair transplantation is a cosmetic procedure involving transferring hair follicles from areas with relatively more hair growth to the balding parts of the body.
- This procedure is also used to restore eyelashes, eyebrows, and facial hair, and also to hide accident and facelift surgery scars.
- The American Hair Loss Association has clearly stated that while a number of other procedures and cures are being researched to help aid those who suffer from hair loss, the only cosmetic treatment currently available is a hair transplant.
- Yet cost is still a hindrance to those wishing to undergo hair replacement surgery.
- Saving money by taking advantage of the lower cost of hair transplant in India is one of the biggest driving factors for medical tourists.
- But how do patients choose the best hair transplantation in India? You can fill out the form to get a quote and more information.
- In order to determine if you are a likely candidate for hair replacement in India, it is best to consult a professional.
- Getting a hair transplant in India will require a minimum of 17 hours travel time from the US to India. You should be healthy enough to endure extensive travel.
- The American Hair Loss Association recommends that a man only get hair transplants if he has already been losing his hair for more than five years.
- This helps to determine whether or not the balding has stabilized. If you are interested in a hair transplant in India, this is something very important to consider.
Why Opt for Hair Transplant in India
- There are a lot of great reasons
- As previously stated, a patient will save money by undergoing hair replacement in India. Hair transplant prices are much lower in India, so even after you’ve bought your plane ticket, you will have still saved money.
- Many of the doctors working in hospitals in India have been educated in western universities.
- Most hair transplant doctors in India are up to date with the latest technologies and practices.
- Doctors in India speak fluent English, so there will be no language barrier.
- Hair transplant doctors in India also understand western culture and the American mindset, so as to put a patient at ease.
- India is very rich in culture. It also has a wide variety of terrain, so whether you like beaches or mountains, there is a place just right for you. Why not take a vacation to remember while undergoing hair replacement in India?
Hair Transplants in India – Useful Tips
If you plan on going to India for hair transplants you should also keep the following in mind:
- Drink only bottled water. Your body’s immune system is most likely not used to handling foreign water. Thus, drinking bottle water will help ensure you stay healthy while getting your hair transplants in India.
- Apply for a Visa ahead of time. Please contact your nearest Indian Consulate for more information on how to apply for a tourist visa.
- India is very diverse. When you choose the location within India where you want to have your hair transplants done, pick a place that meets your needs.
Having gone through the numerous upsides of undergoing hair replacement in India, it will be worthwhile for you to acquaint yourself with the medical tourism process. Get in touch with Medical Tourism Corp. for more information.