Some diets just do not seem to get the weight off enough, and weight loss surgery may be the last chance to combat obesity. Although proven effective, these are expensive procedures that not everyone can afford. The good news is that lap band, gastric sleeve, and gastric bypass in Belgium are affordable, with prices lower than in other European countries and in North America.
Obesity surgery in Belgium is sought-after by medical tourists who come from all over the world, as it allows them to combat obesity without exhausting their hard-earned savings.
Cost of Gastric Bypass Surgery in Belgium
- According to the UK’s National Health Service website, gastric bypass surgery in England costs around £9,500 to £15,000 in private healthcare centers.
- The same article states that the high cost of obesity surgeries prompt more and more people to seek treatment abroad for their lower costs.
- The lower cost of gastric bypass surgery in Belgium can therefore help people from the UK and other developed countries to save money, as there may be a huge difference in prices that can offset even other travel expenses.
Other Reasons to Consider Belgium for Gastric Bypass
- Obesity surgery has been performed in Belgium for more than 20 years. Over the years, bariatric surgeons have been enhancing their skills by traveling all over Europe, and even to North America for trainings, seminars, and conferences.
- Because of the increasing number of medical tourists going to Brussels and other neighboring cities for healthcare, packages are available to cover both medical treatments and recuperation.
- People interested in laparoscopic gastric bypass in Belgium will find that bariatric surgeons here are congenial and well-trained.
- Our network hospitals for gastric bypass in Belgium are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, all designed to ensure that patients are treated with the best tools available in modern science.
Brussels, Belgium as a Gastric Bypass Destination
Planning to get gastric bypass in Brussels, Belgium? Here are a few things you can expect:
- Most Europeans can travel to Brussels easily, as it is accessible by trains and buses that come from major cities in Europe. For people who want to fly in, the Brussels airport is used by major international airlines from cities around the globe, as well as smaller airlines that come from other European cities.
- Before planning activities you can do before and after gastric bypass or other weight loss surgery in Belgium, make sure you seek your surgeon’s advice. There are pre and post-operative instructions that patients must follow, and your safety should always come first.
- There are several historical sites in Belgium that are reminiscent of old European architecture, like Baroque and Gothic churches and museums. Mixed in with these are the more modern structures that are popular with tourists, like the Atomium which is always featured in photos of people lucky enough to experience Brussels.
- Patients for obesity surgery who arrive in Brussels are given free airport pickups when they get to Belgium and free ride back on their way home.
Getting gastric bypass in Belgium has helped thousands of people in their fight against obesity, and you may become one of them. Be informed, work with a reputable medical tourism agency, choose a quality hospital and surgeon, and you can be on your way to a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Medical Tourism Corporation faciliates gastric bypass in Belgium & many other world class hospitals & clinics. Request a quote by filling the form on your right.