Dr. Alfaro earned his medical degree from the University of Costa Rica in 1968. He completed his residency in general surgery at the San Juan de Dios Hospital. He has written several publications: Intestinal Burning of the Abdominal Wall, Skin Carcinoma, Congenital Anomalis in the Inner Ear, and Treatment for Electric Burns.
He is associated with several medical bodies including: The College of Medical Surgeons of Costa Rica, The National Medical Union, The Plastic Surgery Association of Costa Rica, The Oncology Association of Costa Rica, and The International College of Surgeons.
Dr. Alfaro is a collaborator on the Scientific Committee of Physicians and Surgeons, University of Melbourne, and the Sponsorship Professor University of Toronto, School of Medicine.
Education and Training
- Medical Degree 1968 – Universidad de Costa Rica, Facultad de Medicina
- Internship 1968- Universidad de Costa Rica, Facultad de Medicina
- General Surgery 1971 – Hospital San Juan de Dios/Universidad Autónoma de Costa Rica, Facultad de Medicina
- 1972 – University of Michigan
- 1974 – University of Missouri
- 1994 – Hospital San Juan de Dios, University of Costa Rica
- Plastic Surgery – 1976 – University off Colorado
Professional Associations / Affiliations
- Costa Rican Association of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery (ACCPRE)
- Ibero Latin American Federation o Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (FILACP)
- The International College of Surgeons (ICS)
- Colegio de Médicos y Cirujanos de Costa Rica #966
- Breast Augmentation
- Buttock Augmentation
- Liposuction and body contouring
- Reduction Mammaplasty
Submit free quote request on right for considering surgery by Dr. Miguel Alfaro and other eminent doctors.