Below is the resume of Dr. Gautam Allahbadia from India, an expert in Assisted Reproductive Techniques. Dr. Allahbadia performs in vitro fertilization (IVF), Donor Egg IVF, ovulation induction, intrauterine insemination (IUI) and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI). Dr. Allahbadia has successfully handled one of the largest series of gestational surrogacy cases in India.
Dr. Allahbadia is the Vice-President of the World Association of Reproductive Medicine and has authored over 120 scientific publications in National & International peer-reviewed journals, 60 book chapters and 13 textbooks. He is also a senior member of the drafting committee of the upcoming Surrogacy Legislation in India. He has satisfied clients from several countries including the US, Australia, Europe, Israel, Canada, Spain & many other countries.
Dr. Gautam Allahbadia – CURRICULUM VITAE
Education & Training
- Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College affiliated to the University of Mumbai
- Achievements: Gold medal in DGO exams
ADDITIONAL DEGREES & FELLOWSHIPS
- Canadian Young Scientist Fellowship Award — granted him an opportunity to acquire training at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, in Infertility
- National prize Dr. Kumud Tamaskar award for infertility research
- 6 research grants — the Medical Research Centre of Bombay Hospital Trust and International College of Surgeons
- Training in ICSI / IVF — Bielefeld IVF Center, University of Goettingen and the University of Munich.
- AOFOG — Young Gynecologist Award.
- Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst fellowship to train in Assisted Reproductive Techniques in Germany
- FOGSI-CORION National Research award
- Director — Rotunda-The Center For Human Reproduction (an ISO 9001:2000 certified Fertility clinic)
- Medical Director — Deccan Fertility Clinic and Keyhole Surgery Center
- Consultant Fertility Physician — Dr. LH Hiranandani Center For Human Reproduction, Powai, Mumbai
- Scientific Director — The Prince Aly Khan Hospital Fertility Clinic & the Aesculap Academy, Mazgaon, Mumbai, India
- Vice-President of the World Association of Reproductive Medicine (HQ: Rome, Italy)
- Visiting Lecturer — Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Tel Aviv University, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv, Israel
What are Dr. Allahbadia’s primary areas of surgery?
Dr. Allahbadia specializes in infertility problems including polycystic ovary syndrome, male fertility problems, endometriosis, endocrine, recurrent pregnancy loss, fibroids, menstrual disorders, and other reproductive health problems.
What is Dr. Allahbadia renowned for?
Dr. Allahbadia is one of the pioneers in third party reproduction in South-East Asia. He is also a noted authority on ultrasound-guided embryo transfers.
How many years experience does he possess?
Nearly 2 decades in medical practice
What are Dr. Allahbadia’s principal interests (more so than others)?
- Assisted Reproductive Techniques
- Transvaginal Sonography
Dr. Allahbadia’s significant achievements:
- India’s first trans-ethnic surrogate pregnancy where an unrelated Indian surrogate mother delivered a Chinese couple’s baby
- Two patents filed for Medical Devices in India
- Propagating ultrasound utilization in embryo transfer procedures
What are Dr. Allahbadia’s literary achievements?
He has authored over 120 scientific publications in National & International peer-reviewed journals, 60 book chapters and 13 textbooks.
Has Dr. Allahbadia ventured into teaching?
Yes, he has been in teaching and research for many years and is currently serving as the Visiting Lecturer at the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Tel Aviv University, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv, Israel
Does Dr. Allahbadia speak English?
Submit free quote request on the right for considering fertility treatment by Dr. Gautam Allahbadia and other world class doctors.