Dental Tourism in Turkey
Your smile is one of the most important aspects of your appearance, but these days it can be difficult to maintain a good smile as dental care is hard to afford. As dentists in the West demand more out of their clients’ pockets, many are turning to take advantage of dental tourism in Turkey.
Huge savings on dental work in Turkey could spell relief for those who find it too expensive at home. Medical tourism in Turkey is a growing industry that sees more and more patients each year, a large amount of whom go for top notch dentistry.
The US National Center for Health Statistics reports that one in four US adults is without dental insurance. That is over 45 million people who could save thousands by getting dental work in Istanbul, Turkey, rather than at home. Do a little research and you may find that a dental trip to Turkey is just what the dentist ordered.
Why Turkey for Dental Work?
Turkey is rapidly becoming a global contender in the medical tourism market, with dental tourism playing an increasingly bigger role. Roughly two fifths of medical travelers in Turkey come for dental work.
- Many people who ask themselves questions like, “How much for dental implants in Turkey?” find that the answer is better than what they had been hoping for. It is not uncommon for dental tourists to return home having saved more than half of what they would have spent at home.
- According to the JCI Annual Report updated in 2010, Turkey has 32 JCI accredited hospitals, which is more than any other popular medical tourism destination. We work with dental clinics and hospitals in Turkey that are state-of-the-art facilities and have qualified and congenial staff.
- A dental tour to Istanbul, Turkey is a great way to see one of the most culturally and historically rich cities in the world. There are so many exciting sights to see, such as the famous Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia, and Topkapi Palace.
- Istanbul is also a great place to go shopping. The Grand Bazaar and Spice Market are unique shopping experiences. They are full of authentic souvenirs to bring back home.
- You can also save more by flying Turkish Air, which offers special rates for medical travelers.
- We work with an ADA accredited Dental Care Hospital in Turkey that is located in the prime location of Istanbul and has an in-house laboratory and expert technicians to provide quick treatments, which is usually important for foreign dental tourists.
- The founder of our network dental clinic in Turkey is an eminent dentist from the United States, who has been selected one of top 100 clinicians in the US since 2005.
During these difficult economic times, and with the cost of dental insurance so high, dental tours to Istanbul, Turkey are becoming popular.
Some Considerations for Dental Trips to Turkey
Here are a few things to consider before coming to Turkey for dental work.
- You will have to obtain a visa to enter Turkey. For some nationalities however, it is possible to get it at the port of entry, but you must check with Turkish Missions in advance. It costs 15 to 20 USD.
- You can expect to spend around 250 USD a day when you stay at a 4 star hotel, but Istanbul boasts of a wide range of accommodation and dining options, so this amount is obviously variable. It all depends on your hotel and meal preferences.
- Turkey is generally safe for tourists, but, as with anywhere in the world, it is good to be aware of your surroundings and watch your valuables. Use the common sense you would use in any major city, and you will be fine.
- A common scam is for people in bars to invite you in for drinks, and then charge an inordinate amount when you try to leave. They usually detain you until you can pay. Be on your guard when going out.
- As stated earlier, you will be saving thousands of dollars on your dental work in Istanbul, and there are so many wonderful things to see and do, so make sure you plan your vacation well. A dental trip in Istanbul would be more memorable if you add a boat ride up the Bosphorus or a walk through Taksim Square.
Medical Tourism Co. facilitates affordable dental procedures in Turkey. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.
Whether you’re looking for excellent dental care or cutting-edge surgeries like cyberknife cancer treatment abroad, Turkey is a sound choice. Turkey sure offers big savings. But how much you can on your dental work in Turkey, is for you to find out.
Fill out the estimate-request form on the right to get more information on dental tourism in Turkey.